PDA

View Full Version : Custom Links in dsSearchAgent - Limited MLS#'s?

Wendy Lynn
03-11-2011, 01:05 AM
In a custom link are we limited in the # of MLS#'s we can use? For example I'm trying to build a link that has 109 MLS#'s. When I click "Refresh Sample Results" they appear, but when I go back into the link only 21 appear. Does it cut off after so many characters? If it does then it sure is a bummer.

Thanks,

Wendy Lynn

Wendy Lynn
03-11-2011, 01:24 AM
It looks like it is 255 characters which is 24 MLS#'s with commas. That isn't too many. Can this be changed?

Thanks,

Wendy Lynn

Ricardo Bueno
03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Wendy,

Yes, there is a character limit on adding MLS #'s in that field when you're building a custom link. If you're adding 100+ MLS numbers, there must be some other criteria that you can input to get those listings to come up, no?

You can filter by city, zip, Agent ID, Office ID and more...

Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot change the character limit to allow for more listings but we encourage our users to input other criteria that might filter those listings for you.

Please let me know how I can help :-)

Wendy Lynn
03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Ricardo,

Yeah it's the only way to build a custom link for that particular search. I have built many custom links in every different way and was hoping I could figure something out to make this work. I can't be the only one who would benefit from a larger character limit in the MLS field. Even bumping it up to 1000 characters would help. Anyway I know I can go the route of custom programming for a fee if I need to.

Thanks,

Josh Lynn

colecurrier
03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Agreed, Wendy.

Ricardo, I use this often when I'm using more detailed search criteria through the MLS than is available through ds. Or, it can be hand-picked listings, for instance, if I wanted to create a custom link to the 25 best deals on the market right now.

If I could copy and paste those mls #s, it would make a huge difference, but the size of the text field is too limited.

Ricardo Bueno
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey There,

Here's what I'm going to do... I''ll bring this up during our Team Meeting to determine how feasible it will be to implement something like this. We do encourage users to fill in their criteria in other ways as opposed to adding tons of individual MLS numbers. In this case, if you find it most effective to do it this way, no worries.

If you'd like to submit it as a Feature Request as well, please do so. To do this, simply:

1.) Log into your Control Panel,
2.) Click on the "Suggestions" Tab and insert this as a feature request

There, you can vote on it and we do monitor this when making decisions on new features.

At this point I do apologize for the inconvenience but will look into it for ya :-)