PDA

View Full Version : Modify quick search CSS

cotaylo
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know where I can modify the CSS for my Quick Search?

I'd like to customize the search button (color, size, text) but I can't find where to do that.

You can see it here: http://216.172.181.99/~cchs/
I used the dsSearchAgent module - Quick Search Plus, because it's the only option I could get to work for horizontal output.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Colleen

Mike McGee
11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Throw this in your theme's style.css or custom css file:

input#quicksearch_button {
font-family: arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
color: white;
background-color: rgb(39, 128, 230);
width: 170px;
height: 32px;
border: 1px solid black;
}

Change the values to suit your preferences. (You can also use hexadecimal colors instead of rgb.)

cotaylo
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
hmmm... thanks for the reply but that didn't seem to do the trick for me.

I tried putting it in a couple different places in my css to no avail. Right now it's just at the very end...
:(

Mike McGee
11-07-2013, 02:11 PM
You might have to use !important to override the default CSS. So if you just wanted to change the color, for example, you could try:

input#quicksearch_button {
background-color: #336699 !important;
}

Also, be sure to clear your browser cache and do a hard refresh (Shift + refresh) in order to see the changes. I'm pretty sure someone else was able to modify this successfully ... I'll see if I can find the thread.

Mike McGee
11-07-2013, 02:27 PM
You know, my mistake. Here's the thread (http://forum.diversesolutions.com/threads/940-Serach-box-field-alignments) I was talking about. She was using a dsIDXpress widget, not a dsSearchAgent module. With dsIDXpress, the widget is actually embedded in your site, so you can make style changes via your theme's CSS. With a dsSearchAgent module, it's script that loads an iFrame, the content of which is hosted on DS's server. Your theme's CSS won't affect content inside an iFrame, so I'm afraid you're stuck with the way it looks. (Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.)

cotaylo
11-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Ok. Thanks for trying Mike. I'll have a look at that other thread too.

:) Appreciate your time.