PDA

View Full Version : Should I be using an SEO plugin?

cotaylo
12-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm new at this and I'm curious if I should be using an SEO plugin with my site.

I'm almost ready to launch the site.
I'm using:
Genesis with the AE curb appeal theme
dsIDXpress Pro
dsSearchAgent

And I don't know if the SEO settings in the above are sufficient in those programs or if I should add another plugin like Yoast (which had some trouble when I tried to install saying there was a conflict with ds) or All in One Seo.

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

MikeRocks
12-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm new at this and I'm curious if I should be using an SEO plugin with my site.

I'm almost ready to launch the site.
I'm using:
Genesis with the AE curb appeal theme
dsIDXpress Pro
dsSearchAgent

And I don't know if the SEO settings in the above are sufficient in those programs or if I should add another plugin like Yoast (which had some trouble when I tried to install saying there was a conflict with ds) or All in One Seo.

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

We do offer some SEO options within our plug in, but they are most certainly not as robust as the options that are in Yoast SEO. From my experience most folks do use Yoast to override our SEO options and it appears to work well. I have not heard of other people having issues installing Yoast after installing our DS plug in, so that would be news to me. There is the possibility that people have installed Yoast first, then DS to avoid that conflict, unless a recent update is causing this error.

Typical SEO advice would be to really make sure you have unique content on the site and make sure your site load time is as quick as possible.