PDA

View Full Version : dsSearchAgent hanging

Mike McGee
03-19-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm experiencing a couple of glitches with my dsSearchAgent 3.0 beta:http://v3.idx.diversesolutions.com/search/4021/30#-

Often after clicking "View Results", it displays "Loading" and just hangs ... nothing loads. Other times the listings will load on the left but no property icons will display on the map. This has been happening for a week or so.

I know this is still in beta for my MLS since DS is still making tweaks for IDX compliance rules, not sure if that's related. I just wanted to mention it so it's ready to launch as soon as FMLS gives it the approval.

thanks,
Mike

richeddy
03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I've seen big performance issues today, lots of lag and now this message:

Unfortunately, it seems that we've run into a bit of a problem while processing your request.

We've logged the error and dispatched a carrier pidgeon to alert our engineering team, so please try again soon.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience to you!

Hope that carrier pigeon arrives soon.

Ricardo Bueno
03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey Gentlemen,

Are we still experiencing issues here? Let me know if you are so that I can have a closer look...

Mike McGee
03-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes. When I click "View Results", I just get the "Loading" and "Searching Map" messages. No results ever display.

colecurrier
03-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I had this trouble today when I was in a prospect's profile, clicked "view results" on one of their saved searches. It said "loading" forever, but didn't load.

Mike McGee
03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
This is still happening for me. Does this have anything to do with me using the v3 beta subdomain? Is that perhaps hosted on a different server with less bandwidth capacity?

Update: To clarify when this happens and when it doesn't: If you type in a neighborhood with a small number of results, it works fine. However, if you just start zooming in on the map and there's, say, 1500 results, if you click "View Results" then, it just hangs. This used to work fine, so I'm not sure what changed to cause the glitch.

Mike McGee
03-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Another update: After playing with it more, it seems like it's got nothing to do with the number of results. It's simply any time you're using the map search (Visible Map Area) versus a location (Community, Tract, Zip, City, etc.).

Ricardo, should I submit a ticket?

Ben K
04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm experiencing the "Loading..." problem as well. In addition to that, over the past several weeks, it seems have gotten sluggish/slower overall as well.

Mike McGee
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey Ben, I did submit a ticket on this. The tech was able to duplicate the issue and sent it up to the programmers for further investigation. I'll report back when I get an update.

Ricardo Bueno
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey Mike/Ben,

I do apologize for the delay in a response here.

Mike: It sounds like you've already sent this up as a Support Ticket which is the best thing to do in this case. As soon as we here from Programming, we'll know what to do.

Ben: It sounds like you're experiencing the same issue... Have you opened a Support Ticket on this as well?

Kempa
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
We also have experienced extreme issues with all pages in the whole Dashboard loading painfully slow or hanging up. This is a problem in all modules and even on this Forum. The whole dS server seems to have speed & capacity issues. This has been a problem for many weeks getting progressively worse and more frequent. Changing between any pages can sometimes take minutes to complete the load. We get frequent "time out" error messages and "processing" error messages. (Yes we have a high speed cable connection and high speed newer computers. Yes we have tried deleting cookies, rebooting, etc.. It doesn't matter if we are in IE, Mozilla or Chrome. And No we do not experience this issue on any other business web sites we use constantly all day long.) Has anyone else been experiencing this??????

Mike McGee
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah. The most important thing is that the front-side seems to be fixed, so the user experience is OK, so I'm grateful for that. But yes, I agree that the back side (Control Panel) seems to hang a lot. I just tried to make a custom link and it's just frozen. This has been happening quite frequently as of late.

varickdesign
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Kempa,

Have you looked at turning off what shows on the WP dashboard? Stats, WP news, Yoast, and other stuff comes in on the WP dashbaoard stream and can slow down the dashboard.

Mike McGee
04-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Have you looked at turning off what shows on the WP dashboard? Stats, WP news, Yoast, and other stuff comes in on the WP dashbaoard stream and can slow down the dashboard.

We're talking about the dsSearchAgent control panel ... has nothing to do with WordPress.

varickdesign
04-25-2011, 03:40 PM
We're talking about the dsSearchAgent control panel ... has nothing to do with WordPress.

Thanks Mike for the clarification but we were referencing Kempa's post about their whole Dashboard being slow. We should have quoted them

Mike McGee
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure Kempa is referring to the dsSearchAgent Dashboard, not the WP Dashboard.

Mike McGee
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
This is still really bad. Can't get anything done on the dsSearchAgent back-end because it's so slow / non-responsive. Now I'm getting this message:
https://img.skitch.com/20110713-ca1yem88612gkskt2ef7sms36t.jpg

Ricardo Bueno
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Mike,

I'm going to close this thread because I see some old posts in here. But don't worry, I'm not disregarding your issue, I'm going to open a new support ticket.

If anyone else experiences any issues, please open a new thread and/or open a support ticket: support (at) diversesolutions (dot) com.

Thank you!