PDA

View Full Version : mapping idx and listings.

briandevdress
12-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to helping clients use diverse solutions and most of them like the dsidxpress pro plugin. It works great for a majority of them and they are quite happy with the solution.

I had a client that wanted a more robust mapping solution so I advised him to use the mappingidx. It looks great and is very functional. I only have one concern. Although he is paying more money every month(rather he paid for the year upfront, quite a bit more than he would have incurred paying for dsidxpress pro) but it appears he will achieve much less value from an SEO perspective with this solution. Is this truly only a framed in solution? Is there a way to have homes index as pages on his site like with dsidxpress pro? Is there a way to display a list of properties on the page for visitors that are viewing the site on mobile or who perhaps dislike using a map based search?

I realize that these are a few critical questions that I should have answered for myself before recommending this solution to a client. If anyone can shed some light on this subject I sure would be grateful.

Happy Holidays.

briandevdress
12-14-2014, 03:00 PM
anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Daveed
12-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to helping clients use diverse solutions and most of them like the dsidxpress pro plugin. It works great for a majority of them and they are quite happy with the solution.

I had a client that wanted a more robust mapping solution so I advised him to use the mappingidx. It looks great and is very functional. I only have one concern. Although he is paying more money every month(rather he paid for the year upfront, quite a bit more than he would have incurred paying for dsidxpress pro) but it appears he will achieve much less value from an SEO perspective with this solution. Is this truly only a framed in solution? Is there a way to have homes index as pages on his site like with dsidxpress pro? Is there a way to display a list of properties on the page for visitors that are viewing the site on mobile or who perhaps dislike using a map based search?

I realize that these are a few critical questions that I should have answered for myself before recommending this solution to a client. If anyone can shed some light on this subject I sure would be grateful.

Happy Holidays.

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately the Mapping IDX does not include SEO functionality at this time, it's only a frameable solution that works as a part of the Page that it get's embedded onto, so if you're wanting SEO functionality as well, you'd want to continue to use the Plugin as well.

So the question for you becomes, What's the best way to integrate both Products onto the Site to achieve functionality for both. The Answer comes down to how your Site is built and how you've built it for traffic to flow through, so it's all about finding that "happy-medium" that allows you to use both equally. Keep in mind that you can carry over Results from any Custom Links that you build with the Mapping IDX, so in that sense, they definitely work together.

What I see a lot of people do is build their Links through the Mapping IDX and then embed the Results using Short Code where they want those to appear but include the Mapping IDX as a dedicated search page and that's where they try to direct Users to. On top of that, I see a lot of people create area pages with Listings from the Plugin to be able to take advantage of the SEO benefits as well, but all this is subjective because it depends on the Site and the build, but I wanted to provide examples to make the integration a bit easier for you.

I hope this all makes sense. You may want to call-in to Support directly to get more in-depth information or if you have further questions about anything I mentioned here.