PDA

View Full Version : dsSearchAgent sold listings and dsIdxPress incompatible?

thebigkrumm
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
First of all, the new 3.1 Similar & Sold feature is awesome - thanks very much, ds!

Now here's a bug :)

When I save a link in dsSearchAgent for use with dsIdxPress and I tell the link to include both active and sold listings, the listings show up in dsIdxPress results (as they should) but the links from the pages redirect to a 404 - Not Found error. Also, there's nothing in the quick property description to differentiate sold listings from active listings.

Is there a way to better integrate the two?

Ricardo Bueno
05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Currently, this update is for dsSearchAgent ONLY so unfortunately, even if you're using a dsSearchAgent link when displaying data via a shortcode in dsIDXpress, dsIDXpress will not properly display it.

Mike McGee
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
That would be interesting if dsIDXpress could eventually display solds. That could virtually eliminate 404s, as the old listing pages could just stay live, at least for however long the solds would be allowed to be displayed.

(Of course my MLS doesn't display solds, so it wouldn't do me much good anyway!) :-(

Ricardo Bueno
05-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey Mike,

I was working on a re-write for this... Here's a post from Google's Webmaster Blog addressing 404 errors:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2011/05/do-404s-hurt-my-site.html

Mike McGee
05-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks Ricardo. Don't worry, I'm not concerned about 404's hurting me SEO-wise. However, it's obviously better from a user perspective if they can find the property they're looking for. Keeping a property page live after it sells would lower bounce rate and give us a better opportunity to convert that prospect.

But like I said, I can't display solds anyway, I was just thinking out loud.

Ricardo Bueno
05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Heh, sorry amigo. Didn't mean to sound "scoldy" - thinking out-loud is definitely allowed in this forum :-)

thebigkrumm
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Would it be possible to then turn off sold listings in dsIdxPress from the ds side? Right now, dsSearchAgent links will populate sold listings into dsIdxPress along with links to property pages... dsIdxPress just doesn't actually create the page it links to :)

Ricardo Bueno
05-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Would it be possible to then turn off sold listings in dsIdxPress from the ds side? Right now, dsSearchAgent links will populate sold listings into dsIdxPress along with links to property pages... dsIdxPress just doesn't actually create the page it links to :)

Can you send me a link to a live sample page/post using the shortcode so I can see the error?

thebigkrumm
05-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Of course! ...

Here's a neighborhood page created using the dsIdxPress plugin with a link created in dsAgentSearch. The link is set up to show both active and sold listings:
http://sarasotapropertygroup.com/neighborhoods/real-estate-for-sale-in-laurel-meadows/

... most of the homes here are sold listings and clicking through to them will create a 404 error. Case in point (this link was copied from one of the sold listings that show up in dsIdxPress):
http://sarasotapropertygroup.com/idx/mls-a3924172-8927_province_st_sarasota_fl_34240