PDA

View Full Version : Personalize the Welcome Email

SPARRproperties
05-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Is there a way to personalize the welcome email people receive after registering so it doesn't appear as a generic, system generated email?

I would love to have the ability to include (both in the body as well as the subject line), the following pieces of information:

the subscriber's first name
the primary city they have been searching in
a general description of the time they registered (morning, afternoon, evening, etc)

With this, it should be pretty easy to construct an email template for all registrants that appears personalized to them when they read it.

And, if you want to take it one step further, let me delay the sending of this email so they don't get it immediately after signing up. Delay it by 10 or 15 minutes and you can really start to give the impression this was a personal response from the agent.

Mike McGee
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
And, if you want to take it one step further, let me delay the sending of this email so they don't get it immediately after signing up. Delay it by 10 or 15 minutes and you can really start to give the impression this was a personal response from the agent.

I like this idea, and I'd even like to extend to inquiries (Schedule a Showing, etc.) rather than just registration. That way when someone inquires about a property while you're out on appointments during the day, you could have an automated response sent to them (after a reasonable delay) that says something like, "I just wanted to let you know that I've received your showing request for 123 Main Street. I'm currently out on an appointment with another client, but I will contact you at my first opportunity," or words to that effect.

Ricardo Bueno
05-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Is there a way to personalize the welcome email people receive after registering so it doesn't appear as a generic, system generated email?

Hey Brian,

Yes, you CAN customize the welcome email that goes out once someone registers. To do so, perform the following steps:

1.) Log into your Control Panel,
2.) Hover over dsSearchAgent > Click on "Options"
3.) Scroll over to the right and click on "Emails"

There, you'll see the option to customize the "welcome email". There's an empty text editor. When that editor is left blank, the default message that appears is: "Welcome to dsSearchAgent, we hope that you find the home of your dreams."

...to replace that field with your own custom message, simply type into the text editor and that will over-ride the templated, default message. My recommendation is to keep it brief and conversational. Welcome them to your Search Tool, and maybe link them to a screencast that has more details on how to use it effectively. Here's a great one (a different product, but a great video nonetheless):
http://mportlandrealestate.com (it's on the upper right-hand side of the page)

I'll have to look into the personalization options such as: Hey [firstname]

Also, currently, there's no way to delay the welcome email that goes out. That's sent as soon as the person registers. But you CAN create a campaign and customize those emails to go out over a series of days once the person has registered.

Ricardo Bueno
05-24-2011, 11:36 AM
I like this idea, and I'd even like to extend to inquiries (Schedule a Showing, etc.) rather than just registration.

Hi Mike,

When someone fills out a form via "Schedule a showing" etc. I do believe those leads are dumped somewhere into your dsAgentReach account.

(Insert 2-3 minute pause here)

I just tested your system. It looks like when someone fills out a form via "Schedule a Showing" on a particular listing, that contact goes into a group titled: "Registrations" in dsAgentReach.

So what you want to do is create a "Marketing Campaign" from your "Marketing Emails" so that anyone who falls into that group, starts to receive a follow up drip campaign. Once you create the Campaign in dsAgentReach, anyone who fills out a form and is in the "Registrations" group will automatically receive those series of emails.

You don't have to assign an "end date". This way, anyone who fills out that form, will always begin to receive those drip campaigns which you can schedule over whatever time period. And that should help you do exactly what you're trying to do in this case :-)

Mike McGee
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
OK, that's strange, Schedule a Showing and other property inquiries used to go into the "Lead from dsSearchAgent" group. Not sure how that got changed, and I don't see where I can change it back. The "Registrations" group was for just that; registrations. I wouldn't want the same email response going to both of those types of leads.

I have some other concerns/questions:
1.) When I click Create a Custom Campaign, nothing happens. I'm guessing I need a higher version of dsAgentReach than the one that comes with dsSearchAgent?
2.) If I created a new campaign for a particular group, would that spawn emails for everyone who's already in the group, or just new members as they are created in that group?
3.) If a person sent 10 "Schedule a Showing" requests, it would just spawn a single campaign from the first inquiry, right? (Hope so!)
4.) Is there any way to have the response email sent only during business hours? Sometimes we get leads at 2am, and a response at that time would kill any impression of a personal response.

walidmrealtor
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I definitely agree with this -
Is there any way to have the response email sent only during business hours? Sometimes we get leads at 2am, and a response at that time would kill any impression of a personal response.

Valerama
12-08-2014, 09:05 PM
My client doesn't have dsSearchAgent -- any hope for personalizing the emails through the lead system for her?

"Welcome to dsIDXPress" is not even remotely appropriate for a subject line. Ditto for the text. Plus, I'd really not show fields that we're not sharing (e.g., Home & Cell phone numbers... plus the address is her home business address and we need to show her office address. I assume that came form her billing address...

Vlietje1
05-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm helping a friend with creating a newsletter for his website (http://www.harryhilders-fotografie.com/), and I really want to personalise it. This is some really useful info, so thanks guys!