PDA

View Full Version : dsSearchAgent autocomplete suggestion

Mike McGee
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM
The width drop-down box is the same as the width of the search box, presumably for aesthetics. However, that limitation precludes one from seeing much of the information (see screen shot).

https://img.skitch.com/20110606-xmmpdj3mgy945a12hifrkej8j6.jpg

I think it would be much more usable if the drop-down box were wider, perhaps scaling to the length of the longest line in the content. There's no reason that box couldn't extend into the map area during the search process. Thoughts?

Avoid The F Word
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I'll second that suggestion

Mike McGee
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Hmm, I noticed today that when entering MLS numbers or addresses, the subsequent information (as shown above) is no longer displayed. Was that a change in 3.3, or is it some kind of temporary glitch? I can understand eliminating the price/bed/bath for space, but it would be nice if the "MLS#" or "Address" descriptor was retained.

Phil-in-Orlando
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
The width drop-down box is the same as the width of the search box, presumably for aesthetics. However, that limitation precludes one from seeing much of the information (see screen shot).

https://img.skitch.com/20110606-xmmpdj3mgy945a12hifrkej8j6.jpg

I think it would be much more usable if the drop-down box were wider, perhaps scaling to the length of the longest line in the content. There's no reason that box couldn't extend into the map area during the search process. Thoughts?

I agree too.

Phil-in-Orlando
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Hmm, I noticed today that when entering MLS numbers or addresses, the subsequent information (as shown above) is no longer displayed. Was that a change in 3.3, or is it some kind of temporary glitch? I can understand eliminating the price/bed/bath for space, but it would be nice if the "MLS#" or "Address" descriptor was retained.

Yes, the MLS number alone leaves some doubt for the searcher. Pulling in and displaying some additional info in the search box would be helpful. I can't remember exactly how this worked before.