PDA

View Full Version : More prominent Full Screen button?

Mike McGee
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I am really digging the Full Screen option, and I think our users will, too. Does anyone else think that maybe the button could be more prominent? Or maybe some verbiage next to the button that says, "Try our Full Screen Search ---->"

Also, is there a way for me to link directly to the Full Screen search? That would be nice in case I wanted to put a big-a$$ button on my home page highlighting the new Full Screen search. I see that I append full# to my dsSearchAgent URL, but that doesn't yield the browser window without the tabs, bookmarks, etc. Also, if simply linked to that from, say, my home page, I don't think the button to return to "normal" screen would work.

Suggestions?

thanks,
Mike

Mike McGee
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Any way DS could add a function to the script which would allow us to append #ShowFullScreen to any URL where dsSearchAgent is framed to trigger the full screen? (Much like the way we can append #ShowLogin to trigger the login dialogue box.)

Ricardo Bueno
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Any way DS could add a fucntion to the script which would allow us to append #ShowFullScreen to any URL where dsSearchAgent is framed to trigger the full screen? (Much like the way we can append #ShowLogin to trigger the login dialogue box.)

Good question/suggestion Mike. I"ll run this by Programming to see what's possible!