PDA

View Full Version : Disable Welcome Email

SPARRproperties
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
How do I disable the automated welcome email that goes out anytime a new lead registers through dsSearchAgent?

I've been playing around with the APIs and have a way to send out my own version that is more personalized. I thought there would be an option in the control panel, but I can't find anything.

thanks,
- Brian

bellevueops
10-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Brian, if you call in a rep can help you turn that off.

SPARRproperties
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Appreciate the tip, Jon, but, unfortunately, support is telling me otherwise. Apparently they can disable the notification email that gets sent to me as an agent, but they can't disable the welcome email that goes out to the lead.

For those wondering why I'd want to disable this welcome email, it's because I believe a more personalized email will help convert the lead into an appointment - which is the name of the game. The automated email doesn't give us the ability to insert their name, mention the city (or cities) they've shown interest in, talk about the time of day they were on the website or control the amount of delay between when they sign-up and when the email goes out. I want the ability to make this automated email look as though I sat down and personally responded to them. In order to do that, I need the ability to insert unique pieces of information about them and to slightly delay the sending of the email after they register.

bellevueops
10-14-2011, 10:42 AM
What's your account id, I'll handle this, and make sure everyone in CS knows how to do this for future folks.

SPARRproperties
10-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks Jon! I log into the control panel with "BrianSparr" ... I assume that's what you need?

bellevueops
10-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Ok, it should now be disabled on your account.