PDA

View Full Version : dsSearchAgent Sluggishness Today?

TonyG5003
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
I suddenly experienced a major drop in pageviews today, and have received not a single registration. Out of concern, I checked the website, and sure enough, the dsSearchAgent iframe is loading at inconsistent speeds. Most of the time, it's taking a good 3-4 seconds before anything happens. It has taken up to 5-6 seconds to begin loading.

What concerns me about this, is I have a 50mb connection! So, naturally, I'm concerned what users with more typical internet connections are experiencing.

Has anyone else experienced sluggishness today (or lately)?

aaronsold
01-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I noticed it on a friend's site but figured it was just server sluggishness on his side.

TonyG5003
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Not the iframe... that should be independent of the site the iframe resides on. But regardless, the site loads fine... it's just the iframes.

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I submitted a ticket about this yesterday evening, and have not received a reply as of yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes? I'm considering turning off my PPC until this is resolved. As it stands now, I'm paying to irritate users, thus sending them to the competition. :(

Ricardo Bueno
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I submitted a ticket about this yesterday evening, and have not received a reply as of yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes? I'm considering turning off my PPC until this is resolved. As it stands now, I'm paying to irritate users, thus sending them to the competition. :(

Tony,

What's your website address and/or name on the account? And what email did you use to submit the ticket? I'll look into it for you...

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Ricardo...

Here is a link to one of the pages with the iframe: http://www.anthonygilbert.com/sammamish-condos-for-sale/#idx

Don't pay any attention to the site. It's being redone through AgentEv - but you already know that (I think).

I don't know what changed, but in the last several minutes, it's gotten REALLY fast! I was on Mike's site when I noticed a huge increase in the iframe speed (and full window search), and returned to mine - it too got much faster. But... then it slowed back down again. This has been happening for at least 2 or 3 days - seems to be inconsistent. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing...

Ricardo Bueno
01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Tony,

I had a few other people mention "sluggishness" unfortunately, I couldn't replicate an error :-/

I'm really sorry about that. And I'm not aware of any system outages on our end, still, I'll keep an eye out and run it by our team as well. I'll keep this window open just to check back in intermittently on the site.

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Ooops... Ricardo, this just happened on my site - from a idxpress page... http://www.anthonygilbert.com/idx/city/sammamish/

It says "We're sorry, but we ran into a temporary problem while trying to load the real estate data. Please check back soon." ??

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Okay... obviously something is wrong... This particular error (above) is now happening on multiple idxpress pages. I have never seen this until today. This too is intermittent.

EDIT: AND, this is happening on other client's sites as well... including Mike's.

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Ricardo...

Just FYI, I spoke with someone on the phone. This is just my opinion of course, but it doesn't help to be told "no one else has reported the problem." I can't tell you how many times over the years that tech support folks say this, and it really annoys me - it's not an appropriate response. Clearly, there is a problem - and it's across the board with all of the sites I've checked.

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 05:55 PM
I have disabled all of my PPC campaigns until I've been informed these issues have been fixed.

aaronsold
01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
It happened on several of my IDXpress sites today too... different servers.

TonyG5003
01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I've returned mostly to normal - still occasionally slow on the dsSearchAgent iframe, but not sure if it's always been that way or not. The pageviews/stats will tell the tale (that's what brought it to my attention).

I just wish they would inform clients of such things in advance. Some apparently knew about the updates today - most not.