PDA

View Full Version : Just op'td for the PRO version.... any problems with total reload..

tommytx
09-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I finally gave up beating a dead horse with the basically non existent capture and painfully coughed up the extra bucks for the pro version in an attempt to bring on a useful capture system. When I received the instructions it base tells me to totally reload the ds idx from scratch. I am a little concerned with the removal and re-install of the entire idx since it is on line and fully functional now.... Is there a simple way to upgrade to the pro or is it necessary to remove and reinstall the plugin completely? Has anyone had any problems or loss of stuff by doing that.. Can I just totally install from scratch and not lose any of my existing history, forms and such.....

Looks like support has gone home so would be interested in anyone who has completed the process to comment on any positive or negatives things that may have cropped up..

Especailly anything that I will need to rework once the pro is loaded or anything that stops working...etc

Thanks...

Daveed
09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I finally gave up beating a dead horse with the basically non existent capture and painfully coughed up the extra bucks for the pro version in an attempt to bring on a useful capture system. When I received the instructions it base tells me to totally reload the ds idx from scratch. I am a little concerned with the removal and re-install of the entire idx since it is on line and fully functional now.... Is there a simple way to upgrade to the pro or is it necessary to remove and reinstall the plugin completely? Has anyone had any problems or loss of stuff by doing that.. Can I just totally install from scratch and not lose any of my existing history, forms and such.....

Looks like support has gone home so would be interested in anyone who has completed the process to comment on any positive or negatives things that may have cropped up..

Especailly anything that I will need to rework once the pro is loaded or anything that stops working...etc

Thanks...

Hey Tommy,

The initial Email that has the instructions is a bit misleading for those that are upgrading from the Lite version of the Plugin. All you'd really need to do on your end is hit the "Activate Plugin for this Blog" button again, in the dsIDXpress Panel in your WordPress Admin... and do this even if it says it's already Active.

Once you've done this, it'll reset the Activation and load all the new Settings and Features for you so that you can start using it. You won't need to re-implement anything that you've already added, but you will have access to more Widgets to add to your Site.