PDA

View Full Version : Search box not functioning as it should. Conflict with Safari?

gvidano
09-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I use DsSearchAgent and noticed a problem using a MacBook Pro (MAC OS X Version 10.6.8) and viewing the page in Safari (I tested it on firefox and chrome and it does not have this problem).

When you type a zip code or location on the main search box it does not auto populate options and if you type anything (like a complete zip code) it does not register on the box (it disappears).. this basically makes it impossible to search for anything specific unless you use the interactive map feature.

I tested it on other sites using DsSearch and they experience the same problem so it does not seem to be a conflict between DS, Safari and my specific theme, plugins etc.

This seems to happen about half the times I check for the issue on my site and other sites using DS. Other times it works OK.. when it works on my site it works on other sites, when its down on my site its down on other sites as well so its seems like DS just stops functioning only in Safari.

I find this very strange but I am wondering if other people are experiencing the same issue? It would be good to check it sporadically as on my computer it seems to happen only half the times I happen to check if the issue is there. Today is happening again..

Can Diverse Solutions please check into this?

Here is my search page:
http://skyvillagerealty.com/real-estate/search-homes-for-sale-san-diego

Thanks

Daveed
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I use DsSearchAgent and noticed a problem using a MacBook Pro (MAC OS X Version 10.6.8) and viewing the page in Safari (I tested it on firefox and chrome and it does not have this problem).

When you type a zip code or location on the main search box it does not auto populate options and if you type anything (like a complete zip code) it does not register on the box (it disappears).. this basically makes it impossible to search for anything specific unless you use the interactive map feature.

I tested it on other sites using DsSearch and they experience the same problem so it does not seem to be a conflict between DS, Safari and my specific theme, plugins etc.

This seems to happen about half the times I check for the issue on my site and other sites using DS. Other times it works OK.. when it works on my site it works on other sites, when its down on my site its down on other sites as well so its seems like DS just stops functioning only in Safari.

I find this very strange but I am wondering if other people are experiencing the same issue? It would be good to check it sporadically as on my computer it seems to happen only half the times I happen to check if the issue is there. Today is happening again..

Can Diverse Solutions please check into this?

Here is my search page:
http://skyvillagerealty.com/real-estate/search-homes-for-sale-san-diego

Thanks

Hello!

I did test this out further and I do see the issue that you're having. When I test this on my end, I type in a letter and wait for the auto-populate and it just keeps on searching but doesn't actually populate the list... Is that what happens for you? Would you be able to let me know what version of Safari you are currently using?

gvidano
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello!

I did test this out further and I do see the issue that you're having. When I test this on my end, I type in a letter and wait for the auto-populate and it just keeps on searching but doesn't actually populate the list... Is that what happens for you? Would you be able to let me know what version of Safari you are currently using?

Yeah, that is exactly what happens...

The version of safari I am using is:

Version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

Daveed
09-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah, that is exactly what happens...

The version of safari I am using is:

Version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

Okay I just wanted to make sure, but I definitely see the issue that you're having and will be advising our Programmers of this so they can get this fixed for you. You'll be getting an Email from me in just a little bit that has a Ticket number on it so that is where I will be letting you know when this is resolved.

billsmithem
10-16-2012, 09:43 AM
We're experiencing the same issue with the same version of Safari on our client's site http://loislaneproperties.com/mls-search/

Sometimes I can get it working again for a while by deleting all browser history/cookies/etc.

I've also started having issues with FireFox 15.0.1, where I can't input anything into the search box. FF just updated itself to 16.0.1 a moment ago and I'm still experiencing the issue with not being able to input anything into the search field. Nothing happens, prompting text does not go away, no cursor in the field. I've just discovered that if I click just inside the input field, off the prompting text, I can get a cursor and input a search location, but it is displayed over the top of the prompt, which does not go away. This used to work.

billsmithem
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I've done a bit more testing and am only experiencing an issue with FireFox on one out of four machines here, but our client claims they're having issues on FF as well.

Daveed
10-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I've done a bit more testing and am only experiencing an issue with FireFox on one out of four machines here, but our client claims they're having issues on FF as well.

We're experiencing the same issue with the same version of Safari on our client's site http://loislaneproperties.com/mls-search/

Sometimes I can get it working again for a while by deleting all browser history/cookies/etc.

I've also started having issues with FireFox 15.0.1, where I can't input anything into the search box. FF just updated itself to 16.0.1 a moment ago and I'm still experiencing the issue with not being able to input anything into the search field. Nothing happens, prompting text does not go away, no cursor in the field. I've just discovered that if I click just inside the input field, off the prompting text, I can get a cursor and input a search location, but it is displayed over the top of the prompt, which does not go away. This used to work.

Hello!

It would be very weird that it wouldn't be working normally in FF, but if you say it's working on a few of the machines you tried it on and it's not working on 1 of them, it sounds to me like it may actually be due to some Setting that might be enabled on FF for that machine or it may even be another Addon that is running on that browser.

As far as the issue with Safari, that is already being looked into by Programming so I'm hoping to get a response from them on this one fairly soon. As soon as I do hear back from them, I will be posting a follow up on this Thread to let you know that it's been fixed, so you should be able to test it out on Safari on that point and it should work just fine.

Daveed
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to repost on the Thread to let you know that I got a response from our Programmers on this issue and they advised that they were able to get it fixed so you should no longer have any issues with functionality while using dsSearchAgent on the Safari Browser.

It does look like there were minor issues on our end with how that was coded and meant to be used in Safari but those are fixed so you all should be good-to-go now.