PDA

View Full Version : Baseline for Feed Updating?

mandyanddavid
10-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Can anyone in the community speak to their experience with the amount of time it takes new properties to show up in their idx feed? We run dchomegallery.com and have been seeing our own listings (and therefore, presumably, those of other agents) take 36-48 hours to show up on our site, despite the fact that they are already showing up everywhere else prospective buyers might be looking (zillow, homes.com, realtor.com etc).

We're trying to feature the lastest properties in our area, but often can not highlight those until after their first weekend on the market. I'm curious if this is a localized issue or if it's similar to everyone else's experience.

thanks for any comments.

tommytx
10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
we may be able to give you a more definitive answer, if you clarify what you mean by show up... Of course the most important point is how fast they show up in the google index, and of course they cannot show in the google index until they appear in your idx.. So I am guessing you are saying that when a property comes up in you MLS that it is taking several days to show on your site.... IS That correct... or not what you mean at all. In my case most of the mls coming out today generally show in my idx the next day... however when they show in the google index seems to be a lot dependant on whether or not I am the first one to get indexed... I find that if I am not the first one indexed sometimes its several days later before I find my properties indexed... but in either case they generally show on my idx not later than the next day following entry into the mls.
I did note that you had one indexed on the following dates, 6,8,9,12,17 and 21 September... which is not too hot.. but its really hard to get indexed the same day unless you also blog that property the same day that it shows in your idx.

Daveed
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Can anyone in the community speak to their experience with the amount of time it takes new properties to show up in their idx feed? We run dchomegallery.com and have been seeing our own listings (and therefore, presumably, those of other agents) take 36-48 hours to show up on our site, despite the fact that they are already showing up everywhere else prospective buyers might be looking (zillow, homes.com, realtor.com etc).

We're trying to feature the lastest properties in our area, but often can not highlight those until after their first weekend on the market. I'm curious if this is a localized issue or if it's similar to everyone else's experience.

thanks for any comments.

Hello!

There are actually a few factors that determine how soon a Listing will come up in our Feed. First is the MLS that the Listing is with and the type of Feed that we have with them, there are Feeds that take a little bit longer than others. Also, another thing that can play a part in that is the amount of information we're getting from the MLS at one time, but generally it shouldn't take longer than 24 hours for a Listing to show up.

The problem with using Homes.com, Zillow and Realtor.com is that they do not get the Listings directly from the MLS like we do, they get their information from public sources so they're not good indicators of whether or not we should be getting a particular Listings.

Now, if you do see an instance of a Listing that is or isn't showing up that should or shouldn't be, then we definitely want to know about that so we can test it out further to make sure we get it fixed and added/removed. If this is indeed happening, would you be able to provide me 1 or 2 MLS numbers of Listings that should/shouldn't be on the Feed for me to test?

mandyanddavid
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
TommyTX and Daveed, thanks for the responses. Somehow i missed that anyone had answered. David has been working with us on this, so he's familiar with our results.

TommyTX: "So I am guessing you are saying that when a property comes up in you MLS that it is taking several days to show on your site" - correct, that's what I meant. We're using both the dsSearchAgent and WordPressiDX and trying to baseline our results right now - so far we seem to be getting 30 to perhaps 36 hours before a property shows up on our site and we are currently watching a listing of ours that has been active in MLS for 48 hours, has shown up on our site but is not yet displaying the photos associated with it.

Daveed
10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
TommyTX and Daveed, thanks for the responses. Somehow i missed that anyone had answered. David has been working with us on this, so he's familiar with our results.

TommyTX: "So I am guessing you are saying that when a property comes up in you MLS that it is taking several days to show on your site" - correct, that's what I meant. We're using both the dsSearchAgent and WordPressiDX and trying to baseline our results right now - so far we seem to be getting 30 to perhaps 36 hours before a property shows up on our site and we are currently watching a listing of ours that has been active in MLS for 48 hours, has shown up on our site but is not yet displaying the photos associated with it.

Hi Mandy,

I went ahead and replied to your Ticket, so you should see a response from me on that. The issue you were having was related to something different than what I mentioned in my response below, so it was one of those special circumstances where you would've had to let us know directly what the issue so we could test it further on our end to see what might've been causing that issue, but that has since been fixed by Programming so you should be good-to-go now.

If you continue having issues by chance, reply in the Ticket that we have open so that I can take another look at what might be causing this issue, but you should be good now.