PDA

View Full Version : Can we change the "Featured Listing" Icon color on the map?

Troy Stavros
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
With the implementation of 3.0 it changed the icon color on the map of "Featured Homes" (i.e. our listings) to GOLD, which I think is very difficult to see if your default map is the standard Google Map. Is there an option to change this color?

http://www.gablesandgates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Featured-Homes-Map.jpg

MattFarleyRealtor.com
03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I agree that it hard to see in this example, but typically they are surrounded by Green icons right?
When alone it is hard to see.
Surrounded by green icons... very easy to see.

How is it showing just these three featured listings?

Ricardo Bueno
03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
With the implementation of 3.0 it changed the icon color on the map of "Featured Homes" (i.e. our listings) to GOLD, which I think is very difficult to see if your default map is the standard Google Map. Is there an option to change this color?

Hi Troy,

Unfortunately, this is not a feature that can be changed. We're using the same 'gold' color that we're using throughout the solution on the "Call To Actions" such as 'Schedule a Showing' and we've taken the same yellow/gold color that you see on the map in the previous version.

If you'd like, you can submit it as a feature request via your Control Panel (just click on the "Suggestions" tab in your Control Panel).

Troy Stavros
03-08-2011, 12:08 PM
We use this page on an "Open House" page showing our listings that will be open during the weekend. Thus it will only be showing our Featured properties in the hard to see on the map by themselves gold color.

Troy Stavros
03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Even with the non-featured green icon properties I think the gold color gets lost. Especially when these are supposed to be highlighting our "Featured Listings" or more importantly our sellers listings. They should stand out even more than the green icons. Is is just me? Just wondering if others feel the same way when looking at this.

http://www.gablesandgates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/map-with-gold-and-green.jpg

Mike McGee
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I agree with you, Troy, they need more contrast. They almost seem like "un-featured" properties.

Ricardo Bueno
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys,

Just checking in to let you know that I've submitted this to our Programming Department for consideration. We're going to try and add some contrast to make them stand out a bit more but no promises on an over-haul or a feature to edit the color.

Again, I'd encourage you to submit this as a suggestion in your Control Panel...