Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Business name removed due to intellectual property being stolen

Alrighty.... other than indexing and listing the hundreds of community pages we've made. I think I'm close to done.

I would love some constructive feedback on my Palm Beach Co website. Don't be gentle! Thank you!

URL REMOVED DUE TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY BEING STOLEN

(if you look at my main site or Broward page thats in the works, you will see the look I am coming from... it will be updated soon if the final look is completely satisfactory.
    Last edited by ydcrow; 09-19-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    Yvette Crow

REMOVED DUE TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY BEING STOLEN

Looks like you are on a good start to indexing... Was there a reason why you chose to use a sub-domain vice a real domain..
    In my experience that will hurt the overall SEO.. a little bit....
    I experiment a lot... I will be interested in following you to see if I can detect any slower indexing ... or a bottoming out of total pages indexed... have you done this before via a subdomain and was able to index a hundred thousand?
    and I will be watching that PR to see if you can make it to a PR1 in the next 6 mos.... as I said I have not been able to coax google love on a subdomain quite as fast as a full domain. but only time will tell. So far it looks like they have acknowledged you with over 3000 page indexed... so that is a good start.... I do some pretty indepth analyzation of the spiders.. and they come in at a min of grabbing 200 to 1,000 pages per day... then about 7 to 10 days later you will find the very same pages they grabbed indexed.. if not you are in trouble.. so with my spider monitor you can see problems long before they occur... so if they are grazing on a thousand pages per day an all of a sudden they go away for weeks... don't sit around and hold your breath waiting for the next lot of indexing ... it just ain't going to occur... Google has something about indexing more than 10,000 page on a pr0 or pr1 site... they leave and wait till you get a pr2... but of course occasionally I have seen pr0 get 100,000 pages indexed ... but believe me that aint' the norm... usually on a new site they disappear after indexing between 6 and 10,000 pages... pretty much like clock work... with my spider monitor when they leave then it allows you to blog like hell... backlink like hell, or do anything you can think of the get them back since the instant they return you will know it.. If you are interested in hooking up my free spider monitor give me a yell... its all free and fun....

Good luck with it looks good... and come back in 90 days with a brag report... with 100k indexed... hope.. hope... LOL
    Last edited by tommytx; 07-26-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Free 20,000 key phrase Real Estate Adwords Account(Ask Me How) 52payperclick_com

Tommy,

I will probably read your message 20 more times. I am brand spanking new to this whole process. I started the website 2 other times and ditched it for the current plan. I have every intentions of running a subdomain for all of the southern and probably central Florida counties. The linking plan was very important to me for ease of use for my clients looking in specific areas. By targeting a county per subdomain, I have allowed for a more localized visit for our customers. All of our MLS board memberships are also different per county, so I will end up with multiple accounts to focus this data. Indexing was another reason I chose different subdomains. Miami metro alone has 5 million people living there.... add Broward (Fort Lauderdale) and Palm Beach co and I have a mess on my hands.... how do I plan a homepage focused on those consumers, area events (to keep a blog running) etc. It just didn't make sense to me. So each subdomain will be localized to that area. I also was dreading how to circulate the leads to agents as the company grows. I really am focused on a longterm plan, rather than just today. So, the plan is... to use the main domain name to direct to all of those subdomains, and import all the event blogs and whatever else I can come up with to create new content on the main site, from the subdomains. I don't know if my plan is totally insane.... or if it will work in the end.... but thats the direction my brain came up with. I have 2 people from ODesk creating new content City Pages and Community Pages full of basic info and links to within the site and externally for now, using a basic html layout I came up with. They've been able to create content in bulk. I can always have them go back and beef up or change pages where necessary. I also have them adding to the sitemap using the tool that DS solutions provides by adding zip, city, community and tract info.... I have city and zip done.... but only a 1/8th of community and none of tract. If that all makes sense.

So thats the basic plan.... beyond that, a lot of your message I have vague impressions of understanding about. I have started using Webmaster Tools and I can see a general idea of the info you gave me to run with. I have no idea how to do meta and keyword tags and all that jazz.... I did submit a full sitemap with the XML sitemap tool. That seems to have helped. They also are searching nearly 9000 pages a day, but only indexing around 3000. So I am not sure what thats about.... I really have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!!!! I really appreciate the time you took to look and give your thoughts.

7/21/13
    8940- ever crawled
    2713- total indexed
    Last edited by ydcrow; 07-26-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Yvette Crow

Oh I forgot to add one more thing.... I did work as an agent for a company that went belly up in 2007, but the overall plan that I've got, is exactly what they built their monster website off of.... They also used subdomains by county.... and had an entire staff building the content pages. They were on the front page of google for every city and community that you could type in at that time. I do know they spent a fortune on content creation and pay per click before they became a mainly organic site. It was a lead generation monster at that time, we had a staff of over 20-30people running just phone appointments for the agents. When the company went under, the website was sold and I know it keeps very high page rank numbers to this day, but I really believe the format was key.
    Yvette Crow

TommyTX,
    I would be interested in your spider monitor. I have the exact scenario you are talking about. My site has been up 7 months now, still PR1 and stuck at about 10,000 pages indexed. I blog constantly, sometimes even daily, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
    Let me know if your offer is good to others for the Spider monitor.
    Thank You,
    Chris

Chris,

do you have server access... I have to install it and set it up and so many folks have no control or access to their server... there are ways around it like I did with my Zillow site but its much easier when I have server access... Not much I cannot do with or without server access... you will love it I guarantee it... but be careful keep your fingers out of the box.. some of the mean spiders will bit you since a lot of them are foreigners... you know like the USA...LOL...
    Tom
    Free 20,000 key phrase Real Estate Adwords Account(Ask Me How) 52payperclick_com

YDCROW:

<quote>By targeting a county per subdomain</quote>
    Great idea.. but not unique.. its been done many times before.. will work great as long as you confirm with each MLS that they will approve mingling the MLS's on the same site.. most will but occasionally some will not allow you to have more than one MLS on the same site... but go for it just check all of them before you get too deep.. Course you can always place the assholes on their own site.. maybe it will only be 1 or 2.. hope.. hope..

<quote>dreading how to circulate the leads to agents as the company grows</quote>
    Well one thing you will need to consider is what sort of backend to use.. the best ones like BoomTown and Commission Inc cost an arm and a leg but they have so many bells and whistles you have to go to school for 6 months just to learn how push all the buttons efficiently... if you could afford it you could have your own back end built... coded.. that would be the best of all worlds.. no monthly payments... I could actually design that for you, but not sure I would have the time... since I am retired about all I do is play.. and not only that at age 67 I might kick the bucket one night and leave you with a half finished project... but I would love to discuss it with you anyway... I probably know more about how all the backend platforms work better than anyone as I have been exposed to them for 20 years and they just get better and better... Since I designed an IDX for my local MLS I know all the rules... most of the rules for MLS are similar with slight differences and along with the IDX I build a basic backend and have seen so many idea I could now build a back end that would make your eyes water with all the bells and whistles that I have seen over the last 20 years of working with so many. I can program in damn near any language and I don't mean English, Spanish, Tagalog, I am talking about PHP, Visual Basic, C++, and on and on... its like a second dozen languages to me..LOL.. If you are interested in working with me.. I could design you most anything you could dream up for next to nothing in cost.. I probably would not take on a major task for nothing but if the project was interesting it would definitely only cost you peanuts..

Oh.. if you are concerned about my access to your back end.. I can whip up maybe a hundred brokers that will tell you they would trust me with thier first born.. and they would tell you that my fees are so low they have to pay me more just because they are so impressed.. they better say that (else they will never get a free job again.. LOL), since the last job I did took 150 hours and did not cost the broker a dime.. That project took all the incoming leads from 7 different sites and fed them to three different BoomTown Platforms..automatically and preformed a pre Round Robin before they hit the platform. He personally owns and operates 3 BoomTown Platforms.. talk about expensive.. wow! bout 3 to 5 k per platform per month.. A round robin is where each agent in line gets the next lead.. and my round robin will blow your mind.. not only can it be set to take each lead and assign to the next agent.. it can be told to give certain agents 2 to 1 or any lead above a million dollars round robins to these 3 agents ... while any agent marked as on vacation get skipped... all sort of shit.... hard to imagine. but its all fun.

If you decide to use PPC pay per click to jump start the leads till the site goes wild... I am an expert++ in that also.. I can train you hands on to the nth degree to do your own PPC and have developed tools that make it easier. Since I have a goal to place a PPC real estate platform in every state in the USA in the next year... each one loaded with 20,000 key phrases and 60,000 ads.. 3 ads per key phrase... and its all free as you can see at http://52payperclick.com.. I love programming and live and breathe it.. just a thought .. PPC is an excellent tool to use just until the web organic begins to bring in the free stuff...

<quote>2 people from ODesk creating new content</quote>
    Amen to using Odesk.. to do the things you don't have time to do.. wonderful use of time management... IF you are not an SEO expert (I am) send me a few pages and I can show you how to place your links and keyphrases to get the biggest bang for you buck...before they do too many pages and need a lot of changes to get them final and ready...that way they are closer to SEO ready when you get them back then each page will only require a little touchup... I can show you how to set them up to rank..

<quote>metro alone has 5 million people living there.... add Broward (Fort Lauderdale) and Palm Beach co and I have a mess on my hands...</quote>
    Wow.. you are going to need a Jillion special pages built in the backend..as you will need similar pages for each area.. hope you are getting as a minimum a VPS (virtual private server) with a system like that you need something you can depend on..then the weakest link will be diverse solutions... I have programs that will build special pages all day then you just tweak them for final production.. makes building a page take 2-3 min vice 15 to 20 per page... really saves time...

<quote>searching nearly 9000 pages a day, but only indexing around 3000.</quote>
    What are you basing those numbers on? The GWT google tool box?.. that is the biggest liar I have ever seen..the google tool box.... it only updates every 3 or 4 days and is always behind.. my spider moniter is blow by blow... I have seen them read more than 10,000 pages in 24 hours and 3 days later report 5,000.. also when they report and error in the tool box.. say a hundred errors.. and you quickly fix the error... for the next week they will contine to dump more and more of the same error.. since they are a week behind they are still dumping errors they found before you fixed it.. so you think its not fixed it is...

Sorta like the Adwords or Google analytics its always a day or more behind... sorry tool for instant management..but ok for long term monitoring but my spider monitor shows you every singel spider crawl and what page they read on the spot and whether or not they got a 404 or a 200 so you know well in advance if there is trouble down the road... also the instant the spiders leave for some reason you know instantly but with the tool box report you have to wait sometimes 3 or 4 days to realize they have left your site.... for example when you hit the post button you can see the spider within 10 to 30 seconds come and grab your post.. with the tool box you have no idea if they ever came...

<quote>7/21/13 8940- ever crawled 2713- total indexed </quote>
    I will have to hook up my spider monitor for you for free so you can really see what is going on.. normally when they grab a page it will index in 7 to 10 days like clockwork...

Why do you say on 7/21 when today is 7/28 are they that far behind in reporting in the tool box... not unusual for them to be several days behind.... but with my moniter you get a minute by minute report of indexing conditions... and instant notificaton if something goes wrong for an immediate fix..

I see some folks even worrying about if they use forced signup will it affect crawling... with the monitor as soon as you turn on forced signup.. that same instant you would see the spiders stop... its a great tool... I love it..

Are you an agent, associate broker, broker or just someone who plans to provide service to brokers?

IF you want to chat and get a ton more ideas in regard as to what you can do you can contact me on Skype at jackrabbitsec or email at [email protected].. between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 am...East coast time anytime... I hardly ever sleep as I eat sleep programming.. and dont' even make enought to pay for the expense of my VPS or computers.. LOL.. but I am having fun anyway.. and that is all I give a shit about....
    Last edited by tommytx; 07-27-2013 at 09:43 PM.

YDCROW,
    I missed this second note..
    <quote>the website was sold and I know it keeps very high page rank numbers to this day,</quote>
    I can run a program I wrote called "Tom Spy" its patterned after "Keyword Spy" which is an excellent general program to make a copy of every keyword and phrase and ad and landing page a company is using for PPC and it will totally analyze which phrases are getting the leads... and emulate what they are doing and do it better.. a lot better... I am a perfectionist.. that is why I cannot use Keyword spy as its not good enough for me... they have to collect millions of key phrases.. I only have to collect maybe 20,000 so I can do it better and in more detail than a huge program like that.. so in my niche which will be real estate in your tiny world.. I can eat any company alive and they will see an immediate loss in PPC leads within 30 days of me hitting the streets in that town.. Every key phrase they use and then some will be firing against them... and not only that, they may not be the best in your area so I will be spying on every PPC advertiser in your area.. since each may have some valuable insights... we take all of their best ideas and double their value there is flat no way to compete with me when I eat, sleep and breathe PPC... For example I build 3 ads for every key phrase.. I build a special landing page for every phrase... and you say bullshit how can you build 3 ads for 20,000 key phrases there is not enough hours in the day.. or night... surely you jest.. no I mean it.. but my problem is I will spend a ton of time programming anything that takes a long time and I have programs the builds the landing page on the fly so every page will exactly match the key phrasee... so if the ad is "Kentucky Townhomes" then the landing page will be about "Kentucky Townhomes" only and nothing else and will have a title, description, keywords and content about "Kentucky Townhomes" and a ton of photos of townhomes... when they click my page they do not hit the back key.. and my quality score hits a 8,9 or occasionally a 10 and the cost per click drops as low as it can go... We all know that if you work hard enough at what you do NO ONE can compete with you PERIOD!
    Last edited by tommytx; 07-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.

What in the world caused a company to go under if they were doing so well?

<quote from tommytx above>
    Good luck with it looks good... and come back in 90 days with a brag report... with 100k indexed... hope.. hope... LOL
    </quote>

I change my statement.... come back in 90 days with a brag report... with 5 million pages indexed.... if you got the many folks and that many MLS.... LOL.... 100k won't even work up a sweat for an mls like that... LOL.
    Last edited by tommytx; 07-27-2013 at 10:33 PM.