Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ver excited about this product!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelsey Haynes, and I'm a broker in Asheville, NC. I have a web designer currently building my website at http://callkelsey.com (It's not even close to being finished yet.) Let me know what you guys think!

I'm very much looking forward to having this on my site.

-Kelsey

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyHaynes View Post
    Hi everyone!

My name is Kelsey Haynes, and I'm a broker in Asheville, NC. I have a web designer currently building my website at http://callkelsey.com (It's not even close to being finished yet.) Let me know what you guys think!

I'm very much looking forward to having this on my site.

-Kelsey
    Hi Kelsey!

I would have the dev immediately take action on blocking the search engine from viewing the site. For google, if it's published, it's free game to crawl and index - unless otherwise noted. Make sure the dev blocks the site from being viewed by search engines, since it is still in development.

I would add 2 more things:

1. From an optimization standpoint, ensure you have informational pages with unique content that help sell the communities or cities you do the most business in. Unique content is the base for a successful site, and a few informational pages, selling the areas, will help you in the long run.

2. Ensure that the slider used on the homepage is HTML5, not based on flash. It appears to be built using a plug in, just make sure the developer can clarify if the plug in is centered around flash or HTML5. Flash is not engine friendly and can really take away from the site.
    Last edited by MikeRocks; 12-16-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks MikeRocks!

I'm currently working very hard to add the content to the site and get it up and running. I'll take what you said into consideration. I'll probably add a robots file later today until it's finished. Yes, it's all HTML. No flash for me!

-Kelsey

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyHaynes View Post
    Thanks MikeRocks!

I'm currently working very hard to add the content to the site and get it up and running. I'll take what you said into consideration. I'll probably add a robots file later today until it's finished. Yes, it's all HTML. No flash for me!

-Kelsey
    Awesome! The more content the better! And good to hear as well about the no flash