Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mobile DNS Settings

In the IDXpress > General Settings, there is a section to set a custom mobile domain:

Mobile Settings
    To set up a custom mobile domain you must configure your DNS to point a domain, or subdomain, at app.dsmobileidx.com. Then enter the custom domain's full url here. Example: http://mobile.myrealestatesite.com

My DNS zone editor is expecting an IP address, not a url (like app.dsmobileidx.com), so I'm not sure what I should be changing the A-record for mobile to be.

Please advise. (hopefully I'm posting in the right place, a bit of a crossover between the products here)
    Valerie Cudnik
    1508 Percheron Ct.
    Chesapeake, VA 23322-1928
    (757) 271-4602
    cdgwebdesign.com

Website Design | Printing | Graphic Design

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerama View Post
    In the IDXpress > General Settings, there is a section to set a custom mobile domain:
    Mobile Settings
    To set up a custom mobile domain you must configure your DNS to point a domain, or subdomain, at app.dsmobileidx.com. Then enter the custom domain's full url here. Example: http://mobile.myrealestatesite.com

My DNS zone editor is expecting an IP address, not a url (like app.dsmobileidx.com), so I'm not sure what I should be changing the A-record for mobile to be.

Please advise. (hopefully I'm posting in the right place, a bit of a crossover between the products here)
    Hello Valerie!

You'd actually be setting up a CNAME to get the subdomain setup properly. So you'd want to create a new subdomain or the want that you want to use and add a CNAME record with the Alias, and it should be something like "m" or "mobile" and the CNAME itself should point to: app.dsmobileidx.com.

Once that's done, it should only take a few hours for everything to start populated and for the redirect start to work properly for the subdomain that you created.
    David Rodriguez
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.3
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Mobile DNS Settings

Most devices have a use mobile version if available option in the browser settings, may want to look there and make sure its de-selected.