Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idx pages - is it worthless for seo?

I think the idx pages is an awesome idea, quick to add pages. But they left it with no SEO on page content. So- my question is, IDX pages worthless for SEO and is it only good for someone who has already found the site?

Thank you
    Dave

I agree with you, seems until we are able to add content, the new IDX pages are not very useful. I am overall very discouraged by the lack of response on so many items here by company.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dsulvett View Post
    I think the idx pages is an awesome idea, quick to add pages. But they left it with no SEO on page content. So- my question is, IDX pages worthless for SEO and is it only good for someone who has already found the site?

Thank you
    Dave
    Hello Dave,

IDX Pages was meant more as a way of allowing you to be able to create more customized URL's for the Pages that are generated by our Plugin for very specific Results rather than having it formatted as it was when we were having people use the Link Builder. That being said, there could be update down the road that does give more customization options, but I wouldn't be able to guarantee anything at this point.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dodson View Post
    I agree with you, seems until we are able to add content, the new IDX pages are not very useful. I am overall very discouraged by the lack of response on so many items here by company.
    Hello Jeff,

One thing I do want to clarify is that the Forum is meant as more of a Community Forum where Users can go to share information and tips with each other. A lot of times it's hard to be able to provide full Support through the Forum on our end without you having to provide personal information for everybody to see.

If you do have issues with the Product or have specific questions that don't get answered here, the best thing to do is to contact Support directly either by phone or email, as it does help us with being able to provide you with full support as well as you being able to get answers right away.
    David

What are y'all talking about? My IDX pages display whatever I put in the WP editor above the listings. Perfect for a few photos and some introductory, keyword-rich text. Likewise, you can add a featured image, set SEO title & descriptions for the page using whatever plugin you normally use. The listings are indexed as of the date the search engine spiders the page...
    Valerie Cudnik
    1508 Percheron Ct.
    Chesapeake, VA 23322-1928
    (757) 271-4602
    cdgwebdesign.com

Website Design | Printing | Graphic Design

Google has made changes as to how it views these IDX pages in my opinion. Not getting nearly the response that I used to. Many of these IDX companies use the same type of url string (that's my term for it) like .com/idx/mls-71782568-1_powder_mill_sq_unit_103_andover_ma_01810 and it shows as the address to google seach engines.. too many pages with the same address waters it down. Too bad we couldn't modify tat a bit and the pages as well.
    Randy Tibbetts
    KW | Faulkner Associates
    North Andover realty listings
    Andover homes for sale

My results tanked over a year ago as well and I blamed it on the same thing. I am guessing there is no resolution to this problem?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dodson View Post
    My results tanked over a year ago as well and I blamed it on the same thing. I am guessing there is no resolution to this problem?
    Hello Jeff,

This is dependant on the content being added, maintained and updated within your Site. Our Plugin will indeed help with getting your Site better SEO in the long-run, but the information coming from our Plugin still needs to be added and maintained to ensure that it does what it's supposed to. If you haven't updated your Site in over a year, then you will see a significant impact on the SEO value of your Site.
    David

I agree with you on updates, what I referenced occurring was a tank in traffic following a Google update during a time over a year ago where I was very active with this site. I literally went from over 100 visitors a day to less than 10 over a span of a day or so. My theory was that Google no longer gave the same weight to IDX pages much like Randy stated above. I do want to put 3rd party IDX back as a priority, just don't know who to do it with at this point.

Jeff, I think there is some validity to Google getting "tired" of seeing the same content on numerous websites. The fact is there is nothing original about IDX content. It seems the larger the market, the more IDX competition there is, and the tougher it is to get any traction on SERPs.