Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is a System Administrator?

A long time ago I sent this text (I found it here ) and is my compendium of axioms of work in the administration of Systems, I decided to make a free translation of this article so that my readers enjoy a while and begin to be a little more lazy.

If you see a system administrator, a support technician or a server administrator, who always walks around, like trying to put out fires, he constantly deals with issues regarding details in the production of systems and / or servers; you might think that he is working very hard, always so dedicated! That is the conception for most people (in fact, it is a concept of hiring those people "firefighters"), but in reality he is not doing well his work.

A long time ago I sent this text (I found it here ) and is my compendium of axioms of work in the administration of Systems, I decided to make a free translation of this article so that my readers enjoy a while and begin to be a little more lazy.
    If you see a system administrator, a support technician or a server administrator, who always walks around, like trying to put out fires, he constantly deals with issues regarding details in the production of systems and / or servers; you might think that he is working very hard, always so dedicated! That is the conception for most people (in fact, it is a concept of hiring those people "firefighters"), but in reality he is not doing well his work.
    Create a disaster recovery plan: A System Administrator should not like to run when things go wrong (and he certainly should not get used to it). When things are running smoothly, some time should be taken to create a DRP (Disaster-Recovery Plan); So, when things go too bad, they can follow the quick recovery plan and get things back to normal, and be lazy again!