Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Search Box Modification ! Just One Text Box (City, Community, Zipcode, MLS)

How can I have a searchbox with just one text input to input any of the followings :

1. City
    2. Community
    3. Zipcode
    4. MLS ID

and then just one search button to search the properties. Please advise.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by preuben View Post
    How can I have a searchbox with just one text input to input any of the followings :

1. City
    2. Community
    3. Zipcode
    4. MLS ID

Hello,

If you're using our dsSearchAgent Product, we can provide you the necessary files to do this but what you're talking about doing is essentially custom work, so aside from providing you the files, this is something that you'd would need to do on your end and not something that we would be able to provide Support for.

If you're using the product I mentioned and want those files sent to you, just let us know and we can send those out via Email.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Hello Daveed, i'm interested in this too.

I've been trying to find the solution. Can you please provide me with the files so my team can create a custom search box for "City, Community, zip code, mls ID" on one box, so we can place it on the home page.

many Thanks!!

Exclamation Custom Search Box

Search Bar Home
    Someone in community discussion ask for the same :

1. City
    2. Community
    3. Zipcode
    4. MLS ID

and the answer from diversesolutions.com:

If you're using our dsSearchAgent Product, we can provide you the necessary files to do this but what you're talking about doing is essentially custom work, so aside from providing you the files, this is something that you'd would need to do on your end and not something that we would be able to provide Support for.
    If you're using the product I mentioned and want those files sent to you, just let us know and we can send those out via Email.

So, it is clear that if we want to make that textbox in our search form, we need to get it from the plugin providers in mail.

I need these files please so I can create a search box for my homepage.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by drewthesire View Post
    Hello Daveed, i'm interested in this too.

I've been trying to find the solution. Can you please provide me with the files so my team can create a custom search box for "City, Community, zip code, mls ID" on one box, so we can place it on the home page.

many Thanks!!
    Hello Drew,

If you're using the dsSearchAgent as well and want to use the Files that I mentioned to build your own custom quick search, we can definitely provide those to you. It would be best if you contact us directly so that you don't have to post your Email on here so that we can make sure to get those sent out to you. Can you Email us or call us directly to the phone number listed in my signature.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

A quick solution if you have an idea from html: You can create a standard IDX search widget, from Appearance > Widgets.
    1. Put it somewhere on your site (on some sideber)
    2. Copy the html source of the generated form
    3. Remove what you do not need from the source code (other fields)
    5. Place it as a html widget.

* What is important to save is the form name, id and hidden inputs.
    http://e-legance.net/ - end-to-end web design solutions.

Files Needed

Can you please email me those files as well so that I can build my own custom quick search box? Currently I am using dssearchagent and idxpress. I would however like to make the custom search point to dsserchagent's map search.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveed View Post
    Hello Drew,

If you're using the dsSearchAgent as well and want to use the Files that I mentioned to build your own custom quick search, we can definitely provide those to you. It would be best if you contact us directly so that you don't have to post your Email on here so that we can make sure to get those sent out to you. Can you Email us or call us directly to the phone number listed in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by e-legance.net View Post
    A quick solution if you have an idea from html: You can create a standard IDX search widget, from Appearance > Widgets.
    1. Put it somewhere on your site (on some sideber)
    2. Copy the html source of the generated form
    3. Remove what you do not need from the source code (other fields)
    5. Place it as a html widget.

* What is important to save is the form name, id and hidden inputs.

thank you.

email files

Quote Originally Posted by Daveed View Post
    Hello,

Hello -- I am also looking for a custom search for our homepage. Can you please email the files. Thanks.