Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

search mls by keyword

Is it possible to search the mls by description keyword? I am trying to build a search link that pulls up the houses with the words "seller contributions".

This would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tmreg View Post
    Is it possible to search the mls by description keyword? I am trying to build a search link that pulls up the houses with the words "seller contributions".
    Hey There,

Currently you cannot search the MLS by keyword in this manner. You can only search by: Community, City, Track, Zip, and MLS #. Often times, we'll add custom features (at a rate of $50 per feature) to accommodate other features like "Garage" or "Water-front Homes". Normally, I'd say we can go that route but I doubt "Seller Contributions" would be considered a feature.

I'll make a note of this as a feature request moving forward...
    Ricardo Bueno
    Diverse Solutions
    http://www.diversesolutions.com
    Real Estate Technology Made Easy!

Check out our blog:
    http://www.diversesolutions.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Bueno View Post
    Hey There,

Currently you cannot search the MLS by keyword in this manner. You can only search by: Community, City, Track, Zip, and MLS #. Often times, we'll add custom features (at a rate of $50 per feature) to accommodate other features like "Garage" or "Water-front Homes". Normally, I'd say we can go that route but I doubt "Seller Contributions" would be considered a feature.

I'll make a note of this as a feature request moving forward...
    Hi Ricardo,

Are there any updates or developments regarding this feature of being able to search the MLS by keyword?

I would like to create a landing page on my website for penthouses in downtown san diego using custom links. The only way to do this would be by being able to search and/or creating custom links using keywords since usually agents as they list a penthouse for sale in the MLS they would use the word "penthouse" some place in the listing's description.

I think it would be a great feature, specially for people like me that focus on selling downtown property and have a very specific niche market. Things like that make the difference in my opinion and would be a great feature to add in your product.

If this is not already part of the standard DS Search Agent can I pay the $50 customization fee to get this added to my account?

Thanks much,

Custom search by keyword

Any updates on this?

Posted two months ago and no reply?

Is there a way to set up a custom search by keywords? Or if not, it it possible to pay to customize this to my account? It would be extremely helpful to me as I need to create a custom search for just penthouse units and the only way to do that is to set up a search by keyword.

Please anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by gvidano View Post
    Is there a way to set up a custom search by keywords? Or if not, it it possible to pay to customize this to my account? It would be extremely helpful to me as I need to create a custom search for just penthouse units and the only way to do that is to set up a search by keyword.
    Eric pretty much nailed it. You need both Diverse Solutions products in this case...

- dsSearchAgent to create a custom link.
    - dsIDXpress to import that custom link and create the page you want.

As Eric said above, you can add the feature to dsSearchAgent at a cost ($50 per custom feature). Then, proceed to create a custom link (here's how: http://helpdesk.diversesolutions.com...-custom-links/). When you create your custom link, you want to make sure you give it a keyword rich title as that will be the title of your resulting dsIDXpress results page.

From there, you'll be able to link to the dsIDXpress results page for that custom link: yoursite(dot)com/idx/1234. Or, create a post/page and insert MLS data using the shortcode and pulling from the custom link you created.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you still have questions.
    Ricardo Bueno
    Diverse Solutions
    http://www.diversesolutions.com
    Real Estate Technology Made Easy!

Check out our blog:
    http://www.diversesolutions.com/blog

Thanks much for the replies.

I am pretty familiar with custom links, how to set them up and how to use them in both DS Search Agent and IDX Press. The thing is that my MLS does not have a field for "penthouse units" or anything similar.

The only way to search for penthouses in my market's MLS would be by keywords as when a listing agent lists a penthouse for sale in the MLS they usually use the word penthouse somewhere along the description.

Does this qualify as a custom feature that I can add to my account paying the $50 customization fee?

Again, this would be the only way to do it in my case and something that I really need. I would actually consider switching to an IDX solution that offers me this as this is key in my business.

I am also pretty sure that almost anyone could use a search the MLS by keyword feature as I can think of endless ways to use it.

If your MLS has a field for "penthouse units" then you could have it added to dsSearchagent as a feature. Tech support can add that. Then you can create a premade search with penthouse units in dsSearch. Idxpress can then pull the premade search results for you onto a landing page.
    Eric Cardon, Realtor®, EcoBroker®
    Principal Broker/ Owner Neptune Realty
    Licensed in Va
    http://ericcardon.com www.NeptuneRealty.com

Being able to query the remarks fields would be a whole lot of awesome.

How to know the keyword is useful and let me know if this is possible if the keyword is one a static one or a dynamic keyword. I found the keyword in dissertation.com writing services and totally agree it is a strategic one. Can you suggest any other powerful keyword that will help in improving my website results.