Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Auto-generated links at the top of marketing emails

First, I want to give kudos to DS for providing a great search tool. I'm utilizing it and generating multiple prospects everyday. But, managing those prospects through AgentReach has been very frustrating because of the nuances of the marketing email system.

The AgentReach system automatically inserts three links including an opt-out before the actual message. This is a HUGE distraction. Every email includes this auto-generated message at the top of the email.

"To stop periodic emails click here. To remove yourself completely from our email system, click here.

If you're having trouble viewing this email, click here."

To recipient, this just screams of non-personalized spammy emails. So much so that I'm looking into other CRM platforms that don't do this, and at that point it begs the question of moving iDX platforms, which i really don't want to do.

Can you please just keep the auto generated stuff below the email message?
    Last edited by Jude; 05-03-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Can you please just keep the auto generated stuff below the email message?
    Hi Jude,

First off, I'm glad to hear that the solution is working great and that you're generating new prospects/leads daily - we're doing something right!

Now, in regards to the marketing emails, here's where we stand... Unfortunately we cannot remove the verbiage to un-subscribe from the beginning of the email. The reason for this is that we've been blocked from service providers like Yahoo and Gmail in the past. So, in order to keep emails white-listed, we need to include the un-subscription link at the beginning and end of the marketing emails.

I understand that the concern in this case is "spam" but I can assure you that we've had lots of clients who have had (and continue to have) tremendous success setting up drip campaigns using the Custom Campaign option in dsAgentReach by setting clear expectations with subscribers early on - irrespective of what the opening line reads.

My recommendation is to set a custom "Welcome" email that re-instates the value in subscribing to the newsletter, sets some basic expectations and perhaps links to a video screencast on how to navigate your IDX and saves searches - here's a good example (though maybe lengthy) from one of our esteemed, long-time clients: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1gRwKDkK9E

Follow that up with a 7 part drip campaign scheduled out over 2-3 months and i can assure you that you're prospects won't give it a second thought.

Hope that helps, and if I didn't answer your question give me a shove and let me know how I can better help :-)
    Ricardo Bueno
    Diverse Solutions
    http://www.diversesolutions.com
    Real Estate Technology Made Easy!

Check out our blog:
    http://www.diversesolutions.com/blog

Ricardo, I appreciate the reply and background story. It still seems to me that it should be possible (perhaps with double opt-in) to remain white listed (many email marketing platforms exist), so I hope this topic is reconsidered in the future.

Thanks,

Jude