Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lightbulb Fixing the ugly no open houses widget issue

If you're like me, you don't particularly care for that long winded text description that DS provides when there are no open houses to display in the open houses widget. Luckily, when that text is displayed DS declares a class for that area and that means that you can do a little CSS magic to make that empty widget area look good.

The first thing that you need to do is create an image to replace that text. I created a semi transparent image of a local home over a black background, then placed "No Open Houses Available" over that image.

Now you can add the following CSS to your site:

Code:
    .widget_auth_wall {text-indent: 100%; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; background-image: url("path-to-your-image.jpg"); display: block; position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #ffffff;}
    What it does is effectively hide the text and place the image in that area. You could also achieve a similar result using the CSS invisible fonts technique.

I don't have a link to the final result at this time because this is a development site I am putting together to replace the agent's old dsIDX mapping site. This forum also will not let me upload an image, so I'll post a link when the finished site goes live.

So far I like dsIDXpress better than the mapping system. Although I think that DS could have done a better job with some of the styling and layout, there are a lot of things you can do to override their CSS. Creating custom sidebars and using Widgetized Sidebars in Visual Composer has given me a decent amount of layout flexibility.