Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Send to mobile site with a QR code?

I'm thinking of using a single QR code for all my marketing (flyers, newsletter, ads, sign stickers, etc) and I'd like it to go directly to my dsMobile "featured properties" page. Do our mobile sites have unique URLs? Where can I find mine?
    ~Stephanie Crawford
    www.NestingInNashville.com
    @AgentSteph

Products: dsSearchAgent & IDXpress

amattie
    We don't have it anywhere in your control panel right now, but we'll add it soon. In the meantime, here's the link for your mobile IDX: http://app.dsmobileidx.com/4439/99. You can use this simple QR code generator to create a QR code given that URL. Just change the "Contents" drop down to "URL," type or paste the URL you want in there, and hit the "Generate" button.

Another neat trick you can use is to paste that URL in Chrome or Safari, add #nodemo at the end of it, and hit enter. The mobile IDX without the demo frame will load up at that point, allowing you to visit to different pages of the application and use the URLs in that QR generator. For example, you could use this to find a particular property and then generate a QR code directly to that property for your brochures or other advertisements.

As I said, we plan on making this easier in the future. There's still a bit of construction dust in the air.

amattie
    We launched an easy-to-use single property QR code creator this morning. To use it, login to your control panel, go to dsSearchAgent -> Mobile, and create away!

QR Codes and Custom Links

Can you create QR codes for custom links?

I just see an option to create QR codes for individual MLS numbers but not for custom links. Would be great if I can create QR codes for custom links.

Update: Nevermind, I figured out a way to create a QR code for custom links using the simple QR code generator that amattied posted above. Thanks anyways.
    Last edited by gvidano; 09-21-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gvidano View Post
    Can you create QR codes for custom links?

I just see an option to create QR codes for individual MLS numbers but not for custom links. Would be great if I can create QR codes for custom links.

Update: Nevermind, I figured out a way to create a QR code for custom links using the simple QR code generator that amattied posted above. Thanks anyways.
    what method do you mean? please share with me. Help is needed!