Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

feedback -- wesellsarasota.com

Hi group,
    I just launched a new version of wesellsarasota.com, and would really appreciate your feedback. Although I had success with the previous design (which makes me a bit nervous stiring the pot), I was looking for a cleaner look and always looking to improve registrations and conversion.
    Let me know your thoughts and any criticism/constructive feedback!!! feel free to tear it apart...I can take it!!!

www.wesellsarasota.com

Bill

Nobody is commenting 'cuz we're all intimidated. Seriously dude, gorgeous site! Love the uber-menu.

Some thoughts:

1.) When I see something pretty on a website, I want to click on it! Can you make the slideshow pics clickable? Especially the "Advanced Map Search" graphic makes me want to click and jump right into the map. Even the scenes could be clickable, if you had perhaps images for popular areas that would jump directly to their community pages when clicked.

2.) Would be cool if the map on this page was clickable, too. You could either make the image clickable within the boundaries of each zip code, or you could just iframe a Google map in there.

3.) I have no data to back this up, but I kinda think that there are some users who prefer to search by map and others who prefer to use a search form. A map guy might be kinda confused when they click Advanced Map Search and they see another form. I'm thinking if I click something that says "Map Search" I'll be taken to a map where I can start zooming around.

Though I can see that one is dsIDXpress and the other is dsSearchAgent, the "advanced" form looks essentially just like the "basic form". I know there's a tendency to want to use all of your "weapons", but personally, if you have dsSearchAgent, I wouldn't even use a dsIDXpress search form.

How 'bout if you labeled that first tab "quick search" and use the dsSearchAgent form for that. Then, when the user clicks the "Advanced Map Search" tab, have the entire dsSearchAgent open under that tab. I would think that would be doable. What do you think?

Anyway, take everything I have to say with a grain of salt. I'm not the one who sold this mac-daddy house from an IDX lead, you did! You must know what you're doing!

Bottom line; awesome site. Great job!

Hi Mike...
    Really appreciate your feedback.

Hopefully this is the last major theme change for awhile..lol. Although I really liked some aspects of my last one, it was very congested in the sidebars...I wanted more clean design but had to completely change it to get it done.

I am battling back and forth on the best way to implement the idx searches. I think some people really prefer to search and get the idxpress results directly on the page rather than deal with the map and searchagent, but others really like searchagent (the map people!) ...so I am trying to accomodate both, but that can definitely lead to some initial confusion and a little learning curve.

I dunno...I actually was thinking of your suggestion about moving the advanced search form to basic search, but you can't filter idxpress with that...only search agent, so by doing that, you have two searchagent searches essentially... I wish there was a way to filter idxpress like you filter searchagent. ...I do agree though...they probably are expecting a map when they click "Add more search criteria" in the advanced search on the homepage.

hmmn... still need to think about that more.

Great idea about the clickable slider images too. I can make them clickable, and actually, it was just something I forgot to implement...so thanks for that. I wasn't planning to make the arial shots images clickable, but I will take that suggestion and do that. I can implement a video as one of the slider images... I just haven't got around to making a high quality video yet. ...lots of flexiblity in that slider though!!!

Zipcode map image.... yep...love that idea. Its gonna take a bit of work, but I will make each one of those zones clickable to idxpress results in that area. great suggestion!

Really appreciate the insight.
    Last edited by Sarasota-Bill; 09-30-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasota-Bill View Post
    I wish there was a way to filter idxpress like you filter searchagent.
    Yeah, that's one of my big concerns with presenting the dsIDXpress search to users - you can't refine your search. I think dsSearchAgent works well for both "map people" and "non-map people". The non-map peeps can use the form, and since the results are also displayed in a list, they don't even have to use the map. Plus, I find that users love the dsSearchAgent UI, analytics show that users spend a lot of time on it, and I think it leads to more property inquiries. (Not to mention registrations! Even if you don't force it, people will register to save their favorite properties and searches!You don't have that option with dsIDXpress.) So I think dsIDXpress is best used for the indexable properties only.

JMHO, JMMV.

Mike, I must say I like your site too. The photos in the map shape are very attractive. It is a clean and simple site, and I like the links at the footer which have the same site neatly divided into different areas of focus.

Bill, Your site is great. Do you think it would be better without the slider images so that the search box is above the fold on smaller screens? How do you make the Create an Account pop up before people use the map search, and did you find that this led to many more leads?

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Mike, I must say I like your site too. The photos in the map shape are very attractive. It is a clean and simple site, and I like the links at the footer which have the same site neatly divided into different areas of focus.

Bill, Your site is great. Do you think it would be better without the slider images so that the search box is above the fold on smaller screens? How do you make the Create an Account pop up before people use the map search, and did you find that this led to many more leads?
    Thanks for the feedback Gus. The pop up you are referring to can be done by adding "&Query=ShowRegister" at the end of your searchagent script. you can opt to use it if you log into your searchagent account, go to searchagent tab, and look at the bottom of the page for different options for your script embed.

At first I thought you meant a pop up that I am testing for idxpress property detail pages. Ironically, I just started testing this last night. I have a pop up call to action to register for searchagent that is programmed to fire off only one time on an idxpress property detail page....but the trigger of the pop up only fires when the user attempts to leave the detail property page (and again...only 1 time per visit). Not sure if it will be effective or not.... just started testing.
    Last edited by Sarasota-Bill; 10-18-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Sweet site!! (and I live in Sarasota!!) One comment not addressed above. Keeping in mind 'no unsupervised thinking' as far as laying out the click path, and that so many sites do a bad job with the ubiquitous term 'Neighborhoods', and that Search Now and Quick Search are both above the fold and almost the same thing, I would combine the first two tabs into one and call it Search Homes by Neighborhood. This way I know what I can do on this tab without having to wonder....the longer one thinks about what is going to happen, the less likely they are to do it....or click it.WeSellSarasotaSPEdit.jpg

Great site!

I love it. Really. I think the quick search banner might be better suited above the slider though - its a far more powerful call-to-action than the rotating images. Like Mike, I personally think the dsSearchAgent is a WAY better tool than the IDXpress search box. It is my hope that DS offers us better modules in the next release. I'd REALLY like to have a pretty search box connected to the big map.

I'm currently in the process of redesigning my own site. I'm putting my dsSearchAgent box right on the home page as far above the fold as I can. If people want listings, I'm going to give them listings, By George. I'm going to severely effect my aesthetics to do it, but I'm trying to think of it as an experiment.
    ~Stephanie Crawford
    www.NestingInNashville.com
    @AgentSteph

Products: dsSearchAgent & IDXpress