Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

API and Aggregate City Data

I've just started playing around with the Contact API - in particular, the GetUser call - and was wondering if there is a way to get it to pass back the cities (either for "search aggregates" or "clicked aggregates") that are listed for each contact when you look at their individual "IDX Report" from the control panel?

I understand that I can supply the GetSupplementalData parameter to the GetUser call and it will return the "FavoriteMlsNumbers" and "Searches", but, unfortunately, it looks like the searches only include those that the contact has specifically saved. I can't figure out a reliable way to know what city (or cities) each new contact has shown interest in ... if I could get access to the aggregate city data, though, my problem would be solved.

Any help is appreciated - thanks,
    - Brian

Well, based on the overwhelming number of responses, I'm guessing that I'm alone on this one

For anyone that stumbles across this post and has a similar desire to understand what city the contact has shown interest in, the best that I've been able to come up with is to make an educated guess based on the referring url parameter that is returned in the GetUser call. I have my site structured in a manner that leads the majority of my idx registrants to access dsSearchAgent from a url that includes a city name in it. This way, the city url gets passed back to me and I can run a regex to determine which city in my market they started their search from. Obviously, this won't work for every contact, but is definitely better than nothing.

Administrator
    Brian, can you send this in to [email protected], we might be able to work something out here.

Thanks Jon - just sent the request off and will update the thread when some progress is made.

I would 2nd that this info would be nice to have.