Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Angry No Follow Codes in DSIDX??????

I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my website. I over the last 30-40 days I went from 184,000 pages indexed to 131,000. I called Support because I had added Mapping Feature and all else was the same. Then I asked in a forum and spoke with a gentleman who informed me that there were no follow codes on my IDX Pages.

<a href="/idx/mls-t2874751-18707_cypress_shores_drive_lutz_fl_33548" rel="nofollow">

<a href="/idx/mls-t2874751-18707_cypress_shores_drive_lutz_fl_33548" rel="nofollow">

That is just example. first three homes on page results. I display 9 per page and each and every one has a no follow code.

In Google Analytics it shows a 24% reduction in page views over the same 30-40 days.

I want to know when the nofollow code was implemented and more so WHY WAS IT IMPLEMENTED? I left RELIANCE which was RE/MAX Provider because of this same reason and initially went from 1250 pages to 184,000 and that could not be possible if every IDX Listing had a NOFOLLOW Code, so this has to be something new.

I have emailed support and asked to speak with someone regarding this.

Nick Davis 813-300-7116

Super Moderator
    Hey Nick,

That does sound like quite an issue. I apologize for the delay in my reply but we don't have a lot of bandwidth to keep the forum posts up to date. We try our best, but ultimately we prioritize support requests over the Forums.

That being said, it doesn't sound like our plugin is causing this. I was able to implement a fresh activation key on a completely default WP test blog, and no property details page links had any "rel='nofollow'" in their link structure. It's quite possible that there is a 3rd party theme or plugin that is causing these styles to appear in your links.

My best advice would be to start disabling plugins one-by-one until you see the "nofollow" disappear from the links. It might take a little while, but this is the only sure-fire way to pinpoint the source of this code. If you continue having issues, I encourage you to reach out to our support team!

Hope this helps.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket