Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

API and Registration Type

When using the Contact API to retrieve contact information, how do I determine whether someone became a contact because they registered while searching for listings or because they filled out a "Contact Us" form?

I'd like to be able to detect the difference so I can change how my system responds to them.

(fyi, I've sent this request into DS Support, but wanted to see if anyone else already knows the answer)

Response from DS Support is that there is no way through the API to determine how a person became a contact ... that's too bad.

There's a field in the API response to the GetContacts call named "Type", and, at least for the handful of contacts I just checked, it seems this value is set to "Lead". It would be nice if this could be expanded to indicate the source of the lead ... for example, "IDX Lead", "Contact Us Lead" or "Showing Request Lead".

Just an idea...

Where do I find more information on the API? I am interested in developing some custom scripts for my current site.

Where do I discover more details on the API. . . I am enthusiastic about creating some customized programs for my present website . . . . . .
    Small Business Marketing Services
    Last edited by Alastair; 11-08-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Where do I discover more details on the API. . . I am enthusiastic about creating some customized programs for my present website . . . . . .
    Hello,

The API is something that would have to be sent to you directly from Support, but there is information they will have to check on your Account to see if you're able to use the API Key or not so you'll want to call Support directly. The number would be 877.348.7654 Ext 3 for Support.
    David Rodriguez
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.3
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket