Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can you make the mobile search optional?

When the ds Mobile tool first came out, I didn't like how it would automatically direct users to the mobile tool if they were using a smartphone or ipad when the user accessed our site. As a result we turned off the mobile tool. I thought I would check back in and see if the mobile search is still forced on users or if there was a way to include a button that allow users to access the mobile version and then switch back to the main site if the user wanted. can anyone give me an update on this?
    Michael Reilly, Owner/Broker
    Reilly Realtors, LLC
    Austin Texas Real Estate Brokerage

Austin Homes for Sale | Austin MLS Search | Rocky Creek Austin | Cedar Park Homes for Sale | Austin Listings

I'm playing with my new iPad (merry Christmas to me) and. Indeed it is very irritating to get thrown to the mobile search. There's a yes/no pop up that asks if you want to search mobile or not but even a " no" answer goes directly to mobile search. So I checked the DS control panel to search for options but don't see any. What a bummer... Am I missing something?

Cindy, You are not missing anything. DS decided to make the mobile search automatic whenever it sensed a mobile device. Currently, the only solution is to turn it off altogether which is what we did on our site. I would love to have a mobile "option" on our site but I want it to be just that... an option.
    Michael Reilly, Owner/Broker
    Reilly Realtors, LLC
    Austin Texas Real Estate Brokerage

Austin Homes for Sale | Austin MLS Search | Rocky Creek Austin | Cedar Park Homes for Sale | Austin Listings

@IndyRob, that's for the stand-alone mobile script. If you have the dsSearchAgent script only on a page, the redirect is automatic with no option.

Really nice post, i read it all its good informative knowledge. Thank you for all the great sharing that is being done here.

iPad For Conference

I was having the same problem thanks for help... Gmail customer service

thanks for the clarification..

iPad Rental

Thanks Michael Reilly, nice answer, actually it was in ipad setting we can setup search option.

iPad rental dubai
    Last edited by vrstechnologies; 01-21-2018 at 10:27 PM.