Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question Robo spam through dsAgentReach forms

Is anybody else getting robo-spam submitted via their dsAgentReach forms? I'm getting tons of it all of a sudden, starting a few days ago. Must be a bot of some kind, because I'll get 10 messages simultaneously (all with the same time stamp). This happens a couple of times a day. Anybody else getting this, or am I just unlucky?

I like using the DS forms since the leads go right into the same back-end as IDX leads, but if this keeps up it might be time to switch to another form plugin that uses Captcha or similar spam-bot protection.

Mike, almost all of my registrations are spam. They need to integrate Captcha.

@Mike: Just a heads up to let you know that I'm looking into this...

@TheFlBroker: I'm not sold on "captcha" being the best solution. Personally, I think they present a barrier more than being helpful. I say this based on my experience making purchasing decisions or submitting inquiries on other non-IDX related sites. Basically, I don't like it.
    Ricardo Bueno
    Diverse Solutions
    http://www.diversesolutions.com
    Real Estate Technology Made Easy!

Check out our blog:
    http://www.diversesolutions.com/blog

@TheFlBroker, regarding your registrations, do they look like something from a spambot, or is it just people giving you bogus info to get around forced registration?

@Ricardo, I'm not getting spam in my registrations, just one of my dsAgentReach generated contact forms. They hit me hard for a few days, but now it seems to have stopped.

Instead of Captcha, could be a simple question like: "Are you Human? 1+2=_____". Certainly don't want to dissuade people from regesitering, so It sure what's solution is best here, either. Maybe that "Are you Human" question could be an option, so each of us can make our own decision whether to use it or not.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Mike McGee; 02-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Any word on some kind of spam control?

I had 5 new sign ups last week from a high definition tv... same dsSearch url and 5 different emails. The high def tv last visited twice on Jan 4. Guess spring shopping trends apply to tv's looking for new homes too?

Anyone else notice an uptick? Could we block email addresses?
    Eric Cardon, Realtor®, EcoBroker®
    Principal Broker/ Owner Neptune Realty
    Licensed in Va
    http://ericcardon.com www.NeptuneRealty.com

Wow, the spammers are back en masse! Getting 6 - 12 spam messages per day. None through the IDX products, just through the dsAgentReach forms. Seems they think they are making blog comments and placing linkspam, but they're really just filling out a contact form! Very annoying!

Would be nice if DS could implement some sort of spam control with the dsAgentReach forms, like Captcha, or some kind of "are you human" question. Or if the contact email could include the IP address of the sender, then I could take steps to block them.
    Last edited by Mike McGee; 11-13-2012 at 05:51 PM.

That's it, can't stand it anymore. Got 15 spam messages both yesterday and today. I'm removing the dsAgentReach forms from my site and replacing them with a WP plugin that has anti-spam measures. I'll miss the fact that dsAgentReach forms puts the leads into my DS Control Panel, but without any spam prevention, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McGee View Post
    That's it, can't stand it anymore. Got 15 spam messages both yesterday and today. I'm removing the dsAgentReach forms from my site and replacing them with a WP plugin that has anti-spam measures. I'll miss the fact that dsAgentReach forms puts the leads into my DS Control Panel, but without any spam prevention, it's more trouble than it's worth.
    Hi Mike!

You may have had a SpamBot targeting those Forms for a time on your Site, that does tend to happen occasionally with Sites that get a lot of traffic. It's not something that stays permanent, the Bot itself should leave your Site after a little while. You can try adding a Custom Field to the Form to force Users into a CAPTCHA-like field where they need to verify if they're human, but at this time we don't have anything that is natively available.

I know our Programmers are looking towards adding that in the future but at this time that would be the only thing that you'd be able to do to get around this. I hope this makes sense but if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket