Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mobile IDX doesn't show properties in the custom link

I created a custom link and placed the dssearchagent script on a landing page (http://homeslist.marcusbruno.com). When I go to the site on an iPad or iPhone the mobile friendly version just says "No results found try refining search". Am I missing something?

Hi Marcus,

You can read more about dsMobile and custom links on this post: http://forum.diversesolutions.com/th...=custom+mobile

However, to give you a brief rundown there are some bits of criteria that you can add to dsSearchAgent custom links that will not work with dsMobile.

In order for a custom link to show the proper results in dsMobile every field that you fill out in the custom link MUST be a searchable field on dsMobile. Just as a few examples of fields that are NOT searchable on dsMobile...

- Agent / Office ID
    - Address
    - Custom polygons
    - Latitude / Longitute
    - Percentage Price Change
    - Walkscore
    - Only listings with photos
    - And potentially other fields I am missing.

So, basically, any custom links with criteria that can't be searched on mobile is just ignored. Address is the exception to the rule. Although you are able to search by address on dsMobile at this time it is not a field supported in custom links when viewing the links on a mobile device. This is definitely something we want to change down the road but we do not yet have an ETA on when that might happen.

You don't currently have a dsSearchAgent link on the page you mentioned in your post so I'm not sure specifically what might be wrong with that link. However, you do have a dsSearchAgent slideshow module. When I checked out that custom link I see two issues with that link that would make the results (when viewed on mobile) not appear with the correct results.

a. Counties - Currently, counties is not a searchable field in mobile so this would not work.
    b. More than one area listed - Let's pretend county was a searchable option, though. Even then, this link has multiple areas listed. Currently, mobile is only able to show one area at a time. So, the field would be ignored.

At some point we would like to make all fields on mobile work so that all custom links show the proper results when viewed on a mobile device. Keep your fingers crossed! I know all of us (clients and DS employees alike) would like to see this happen.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.