Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Putting it out there. Be nice, but firm...

OK, let 'er rip. I'm not totally happy with the front page, but I'm getting there. Would love to hear your opinions, criticisms, and ideas. Most interested to know if you think buyers landing on school pages and city pages will open the links to idx searches. I've noticed my highest bounces are on individual home results pages as people land there after googling an address. Any ideas how to improve those pages??

Thanks Sarasota-Bill for the top search bar, among other things :/ you fixed for me. Anyone looking for a new site should consider starting with Bill.

Some ideas.

1.) Make your card clickable to your contact page. I was drawn to clicking it but disappointed that it nothing happened.
    2.) Your search button on the top section could use a bit more of an eye catching design.

Quote Originally Posted by DFWMOVES Cindy View Post
    OK, let 'er rip. I'm not totally happy with the front page, but I'm getting there. Would love to hear your opinions, criticisms, and ideas. Most interested to know if you think buyers landing on school pages and city pages will open the links to idx searches.
    I think the color/contrasts are a bit stark. I wonder if there is some place to put in some other eye candy, too. Are you planning to include sections for buyer and sellers or is it pure home search?

The explanation blurb over the dsSearch is nice. Is there a way to remove the "detailed home search" or rename it on page? I've been getting many buyers that think I'm the listing agent. My wife suggested I start renaming my home search like "Best xyz Home Search" which I've done. Actually helps a bit with combative know-it-alls and I try working it into my conversations (and seo).

You've implemented a bunch of my to-do list. I really like those landing pages and the expandable menu. Is it possible to load the city page with the "lifestyle" menu open? I think it would be a good call to action. I think if they see stuff like "just listed" they might stay on the site longer and click through. Possibly bookmark the page for more info later.

At first I didn't even notice the sidebar options were different. That may be my brain betraying me. Incidentally, Bedford quick facts was a bad link. No big whoop.

I can't click on some sections of the school guide map. The "search xyz by school boundary" sounds a little weird to me. I might say elementary school.

I've noticed my highest bounces are on individual home results pages as people land there after googling an address. Any ideas how to improve those pages??
    I would put your phone number in big bold text at the top not the askew business card image. I think any phone number should be pure text. Personally, many of my single visitors are mobile users looking for a listing agent. They click the # and call or text. My sites need lots of work but the individual listings get the calls and texts.

One last item and it's up for debate. It looks like your main page has about 340 links. You do have 33,000 pages indexed so it may not matter. If your individual listings are ranking on page 1 it also doesn't matter

Thanks Sarasota-Bill for the top search bar, among other things :/ you fixed for me. Anyone looking for a new site should consider starting with Bill.
    Thats's great advice.
    Eric Cardon, RealtorŪ, EcoBrokerŪ
    Principal Broker/ Owner Neptune Realty
    Licensed in Va
    http://ericcardon.com www.NeptuneRealty.com