Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iframe not expanding while text expands fine.. anyone seen this before?

http://findnjhouse.com/map-page/[/url]http://forum.diversesolutions.com/threads/596-iDX-Search-IFRAME-width?highlight=iframe[/url]
    Last edited by tommytx; 07-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Free 20,000 key phrase Real Estate Adwords Account(Ask Me How) 52payperclick_com

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytx View Post
    http://findnjhouse.com/map-page/[/url]http://forum.diversesolutions.com/threads/596-iDX-Search-IFRAME-width?highlight=iframe[/url]

Hi Tommy,

If you're using our dsSearchAgent product, you do not want to be using an iFrame at all, you want to be using the Script Code that is provided to you in your Control Panel. If you embed the Script Code into the HTML of your Page rather than using an iFrame, it embeds to make itself apart of your Site. Also with using an iFrame, certain functionality might not work, so the Script Code is also to ensure that everything works the way it's supposed to.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Hi Dave,
    You just confused me..... but with me that is pretty easy to do... so please help me understand better what is going on with DsSearch. First I thought that the whole reason for dsIDx is to fake google into thinking the full blown IDX is located on our site. And it does a great job of it. And since the content appears to be on site google loves it and indexes it like a big dog... so its true dsIDX is in fact not in an iframe therefore very valuable content.. but not true with DsSearch... unless I don't understand the system... which I suppose is possible.

Next I thought the reason for the dsSearch is that customers love the map seach and google hates it since the content is framed and not really on our site. You call it a remote frame in the code, but a frame is a frame to google.. and Frame means the content is not on your site...NORMALLY... So not being on our site indexing will not occur. possibly the page with the frame will index, but not the content in the frame.

so if I understood what you just said, "DSSearch is not framed.." did you just say that.... I didn't thing so... LOL..
    So back to the original problem which I have now solved.... When I loaded the remote frame code provided by DsSearch, which is in fact a frame... the frame was being restricted... I typed a normal text line and it went full screen.. I entered the dsSearch code and it restricted.. I added my own iframe and it was restricted... so I assumed that something was terrorizing my max iframe width.. and finally found what it was... the agent press and the real pro designer in the CSS style.css has restricted the iframe max wiith to 571px an of cours that was causing a problem on any frame on the page. I went into the style.css and changed the following to 900px and all is well..
    iframe {
    max width: 571px;
    }

iframe {
    max width: 900px
    }

not sure why the designer did that, but if you find the DsSearch remote frame (iframe from a remote site) will not expand to the full screen as it should normally since it is set to take on the width of the page... simply look in the css file for a restriction on your max iframe width... and that will do it..

Dave if I have anything wrong up there please correct me, as I am just a user and don't know all of the internal details of the dsSearch program... however i do know a frame when I see it and so does google.
    Free 20,000 key phrase Real Estate Adwords Account(Ask Me How) 52payperclick_com

Oh! by the way.. I did come in and add that i had found the solution, but when I got thru typing all that stuff and posted.. the darn post did the blank post thingy and disappeared... so I just walked away... now i am keeping a copy of all posts so I can keep dumping them until the show up...LOL.

Super Moderator
    You're essentially correct, but the Script Code that I mentioned before frames the IDX onto your Site so that that's what Google thinks. You do not want to build an actual iFrame because it limits functionality of the IDX. So iFrames in this situation would be bad, you don't want to use that. You want to go into your Control Panel go into the Links section when you hover over IDXProducts at the top, and in the Links section, you'll just copy the code that is in the "Frame HTML" code box rather than using the iFrame code.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

I just realized why you are confused over what I am doing... this thread above was in the wrong place so I tried to delete and remove it but it looks like a single line got left in this thread. So reading the above entry would have confused anyone. See the link below which is the real problem and you will see what I was trying to do.

http://forum.diversesolutions.com/th...-Realpro-theme

anyhow its all fixed now... and of course i never place you dsseach iframe code into an additional iframe if you follow the scenario on the link above you will see that on the page I place three entries..
    1. Plain text 3 sentences which stretched fully across the page.. (no iframe restrictions)
    2. Your code which before the fix only went half way across the page. (iframe max width restriction)
    3. A third iframe of my own just to see if all iframes get the same restriction. (sure enought its restricted to half screen also)

So based on all iframes no matter where they came from they are restircted. So it proved to me it was not a Dssearch problem, but a css problem.. so I fixed the iframe max = 571 and now all three of the above go full screen as required...
    See one a sample page for demo... http://findnjhouse.com/map-page/

But anyway a visit to the link above will show what was confusing both of us... a lack of info... just a one line entry that I thought had been deleted and moved to the dssearch vice the dsidx forum.... Sorry bout that.