Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Change DSIDXPress Quick Search Live View output to 2 column

Hi!

First of all, thanks for all the hard work that goes into the DS products. They are great.

Okay, when I select for example, a city in the dsidxpress quick search, the results page show the listings one line at a time.

Then if I click on 'see more real estate in the city of' the new page displays the listings in a 2 column side-by-side format.

It would be great if I could get all the results pages to show this 2 column view to improve the cohesion of the user experience.

Any help would be great!

Thanks for your time,

Ajbf150

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajbf150 View Post
    Hi!

First of all, thanks for all the hard work that goes into the DS products. They are great.

Okay, when I select for example, a city in the dsidxpress quick search, the results page show the listings one line at a time.

Then if I click on 'see more real estate in the city of' the new page displays the listings in a 2 column side-by-side format.

It would be great if I could get all the results pages to show this 2 column view to improve the cohesion of the user experience.

Any help would be great!

Thanks for your time,

Ajbf150
    Hello!

The ability to change the layout of how information is displayed by our Plugin is available, but it does depends on what different styling (CSS) Options are included with the Theme that you're using that allow you to do this. If you see here: http://d.pr/i/4wZK, at the top of the Options for the Plugin, you'll see 3 drop-down menu's and those drop-down menu's let you select the type of styling you can choose.

If you go into the Section, you should be able to open each drop-down menu to see what Options are available to you, and then try each available option to see how it will change the format of the Page. Unfortunately, because Theme's are all built differently, you may not have too many Options to choose from or maybe not any at all, but if there is a particular format you're looking for that's not available, you'd need to follow up with the Theme Developer to see if they can provide you CSS to include into your Theme to allow you to use.

I hope this all makes sense but please feel free to follow back up with me if not or if you have any other questions.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Hi David!

Thanks for the reply!

I realized after the fact that there is a separate group for dsidxpress.....sorry for any confusion.

Okay, essentially I am familiar with the setting you mentioned. Unfortunately, those don't work for what I'm asking. I have two kinds of results pages with two different property list views -- which I am trying to make more uniform to improve the user experience.

When I either added a shortcode that pulls links I created in Search Agent CPanel, or if I use the dsidxpress quick search -- I get my property listings displayed in a 1 listing per row view.

When I click 'for more real estate in the city of' on listing results pages above, I get a 2 property listings per row view.

I'd like to list ALL results pages in a two property per line view.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

Ajbf150

Super Moderator
    Hi David!

Thanks for the reply!

I realized after the fact that there is a separate group for dsidxpress.....sorry for any confusion.

Okay, essentially I am familiar with the setting you mentioned. Unfortunately, those don't work for what I'm asking. I have two kinds of results pages with two different property list views -- which I am trying to make more uniform to improve the user experience.

When I either added a shortcode that pulls links I created in Search Agent CPanel, or if I use the dsidxpress quick search -- I get my property listings displayed in a 1 listing per row view.

When I click 'for more real estate in the city of' on listing results pages above, I get a 2 property listings per row view.

I'd like to list ALL results pages in a two property per line view.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

Ajbf150

Hello,

The short answer to this is no, when you're adding Short Code to a Page it's always going to show a single column format and unfortunately there is no way to change this at this point. However, on Pages that are generated by our Plugin you can do this because the Option is included in one of those 3 drop-down menu's in your Options, specifically the one for Results Pages.

I can submit a Suggestion to see if maybe this can be changed in a future update of dsIDXpress but at this point, there isn't anything we'll be able to do to get around this.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

I regularly purchase the products and I am satisfied with the quality of the product. I will order them through by some essay on time reviews writing services and I am really happy about the products. This is a very good information and I am looking forward for some more information that will help me to understand the output.