Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question Any way to create a link to send a mobile user to a specific search tab?

I'm trying to set up a responsive "landing page" of sorts, that has a logo, and "MAP," "NEARBY" and "SCHOOL" buttons. The idea is for it to be as generic as possible and look a bit more like a real estate search engine (which it is if you think about it) to set it apart from other search tools attached to agent sites. Since the landing page is designed to be "responsive," the same page will load for desktop and mobile users.

The "SCHOOL" search graphic will link to a separate page with other options but the "MAP" & "NEARBY" links are meant to take visitors to those search types. My issue is that I'm wondering if there is even a way to run a script or shortcode to take a mobile visitor to that specific "tab" in the mobile interface.

CAVEAT: All of the required information to comply with local and state guidelines will be on the other pages, I just don't want it so conspicuous on the landing page.

IS it safe to assume since the mobile redirect is now forced that the instructions on this page no longer apply?

http://wiki.diversesolutions.com/mob...ting-from-site

Super Moderator
    Hello Mike,

Generally when any User with a Mobile device goes to a Page on your Site with dsSearchAgent on it, it will automatically redirect to Mobile and show the Results from the Custom Link embedded on that Page. There is a way to do what you're trying to do, it'll just be a bit of a work around but not one that anybody would really notice.

What you'd need to do is create the Custom Link in your Control Panel to pull through the Listings that you're wanting them to see. You'd then want to embed the Script Code for that Custom Link onto it's own Page on your Site and then save it. You can make that Page public through a Link on your Homepage at that point and it'll work for PC users the same way as any other Page, or you could embed it as a Mobile Page so that anybody going to that Page with their iPhone will see Mobile IDX and the Results from the Custom Link.

I hope this makes sense but if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket