Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Quick question about code placement

Hi -

So if I add the html code onto my blog, which page do i actually add it too? Is there any step by step instructions on how to add the code for mobile idx and optimal settings? Thanks i am certainly challenged with this stuff.

I'm assuming you're asking about the mobile redirect script? Basically, any page that has dsSearchAgent or dsIDXpress listings on it already has mobile redirect script included, so you don't need to add it on those pages. If you want to add the script on other pages of your site, you can find directions here: http://wiki.diversesolutions.com/mob...ting-from-site

For WordPress, I have found it works best to put the script into the page template file. If you just paste it into the HTML editor of a given page, WordPress has a habit of screwing up the code.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dsulvett View Post
    Hi -

So if I add the html code onto my blog, which page do i actually add it too? Is there any step by step instructions on how to add the code for mobile idx and optimal settings? Thanks i am certainly challenged with this stuff.
    Hello Dave!

The information that Mike provided you below is correct, any Page that has dsSearchAgent embedded onto it or a dsIDXpress Listing is going to automatically redirect the User to the Mobile IDX, so you wouldn't need to add the Mobile Script Code for those situations.

The best thing to do would be to add the Script Code to the Header/Footer of the Template/Theme that you're using so that Users can be prompted on whether or not to use Mobile right when they get to your Site, but again if they land on any dsIDXpress Listings or Page with dsSearchAgent on it, it will automatically redirect and bypass the Script Code if it's added.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket