Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

www.topscottsdalehomes.com

Any suggestions on how I can improve the seo and functionality of my website?
    http://www.topscottsdalehomes.com

I am using idxpress and blogging regularly to constantly add original content, but only have 8970 pages indexed. Is there something I could be doing better with idxpress to get more pages indexed?

Thank you for looking!

Carmen Brodeur
    Last edited by Carmen Brodeur; 05-30-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Carmen.. nice clean looking site... what theme is that? looks good overall, just that of the 9,000 indexed pages I could not find any that were simple MLS properties... That is a single MLs number... as that is where the big number come from.. indexing individal mls numbers... remember you proably have only 3 or 4 thousand pages so with no mls numbers indexed you will never reach the old 20,000 plus indexed... For example find a site with a ton of pages indexed.. for example.. http://www.virginiabeachhomesforsale.com if you go to the bottom of the page and click the page 10 you will start to notice that when you get into page 10 or 20 and up most of the pages are single MLS numbers.... that is the only place you can break 10,000. And you have almost none... that is very unusual.. might want to review your pagination system... for example are you using the wordpress plugin or NO.. if NO.. then that is a major problem as that is the best way to go hog wild with the indexing.... hope this gives you some ideas.... since the PR3 will help you fly high... I am running a simple 10 dollar Zillow site...(along with a hundred other sites) and the zillow has 8,000 pages and has only been alive for 5 weeks... and has zero pr... so almost all my pages are mls numbers and it drives about 80 uniques per day..not that much.. but hell what can you expect for 10 bucks a month.. and as we all know the Zillow is running the DS WP plugin..

Oh.. just did a site:www.virginiabeachhomesforsale.com in google and the virginiabeach site above has a little on 75.000 pages indexed and is only a pr1. Not too shabby..
    Last edited by tommytx; 05-30-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Free 20,000 key phrase Real Estate Adwords Account(Ask Me How) 52payperclick_com

Quote Originally Posted by tommytx View Post
    looks good overall, just that of the 9,000 indexed pages I could not find any that were simple MLS properties... That is a single MLs number... as that is where the big number come from.. indexing individal mls numbers...
    Looks to me that she has well over 7,000 MLS listings indexed.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Brodeur View Post
    Any suggestions on how I can improve the seo and functionality of my website?
    http://www.topscottsdalehomes.com

I am using idxpress and blogging regularly to constantly add original content, but only have 8970 pages indexed. Is there something I could be doing better with idxpress to get more pages indexed?

Thank you for looking!

Carmen Brodeur
    Hi Carmen,

The main thing that you'd want to do is expand any way that you can one what you've already been doing. I do see that you currently have a little over 7,600 crawled Pages through Google, but you can possibly get more by adding more specific Widgets to your Site or adding more individual city/area Pages.

A lot of people like to create Pages for the Cities that they service or the Communities that they service and then include sets of Links for price ranges for Listings in that particular area. So you'll have 100,000 to 200,000 as a Link and then 200,000 to 300,000 as another Link and list them like that all through 1 million or more. Doing that for all your City/Area Pages should definitely help you with adding more.

But it's basically doing a lot of that, finding ways that you can add more Links or add more Short Code to your Site to give Google more of a chance to find Pages that you maybe didn't crawl before.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket