Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Diverse Solutions Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Exclamation Stop force-redirecting mobile users

I think it's time for DS to revisit this idea of force-redirecting mobile users for any page on which dsSearchAgent is embedded. We want to switch to a responsive theme so mobile visitors can more easily read the content on our site. As it stands now, it's pointless for me to go to all that effort since DS will just force-redirect those users to dsSearchAgent mobile. As I said previously in this thread:
    My neighborhood pages have dsSearchAgent on them to show the listings, but they also have other neighborhood info. Maybe the user wants to read that other info, rather than jumping right to the listings.
    Mobile is becoming too huge of a market segment to treat in this manner. We need to keep them on our domain and give them a better mobile experience.

LOL, well this can be check off my to do list. I was wondering why the pages were auto loading to the mobile version..... Interested to see how this topic goes....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McGee View Post
    I think it's time for DS to revisit this idea of force-redirecting mobile users for any page on which dsSearchAgent is embedded. We want to switch to a responsive theme so mobile visitors can more easily read the content on our site. As it stands now, it's pointless for me to go to all that effort since DS will just force-redirect those users to dsSearchAgent mobile. As I said previously in this thread:

Mobile is becoming too huge of a market segment to treat in this manner. We need to keep them on our domain and give them a better mobile experience.
    Hi Mike,

This is actually something that we've gotten quite a bit from our Active User of Mobile IDX. We've actually submitted a Suggestion to our Programmers to see if something can be done about this, but since they're thinking of doing some pretty big updates in the coming months, they haven't decided on how they're going to be revamping it, so I wouldn't be able to provide an ETA at this point or what's going to be done.

As I find out more, I can definitely follow up with you to let you know, but at this time the only way to get around this functionality would be for us to disable the Mobile IDX all together so that it doesn't conflict with the mobile responsiveness of your Site.
    David
    Support: 877.348.7654 Ext.2
    Website | Blog | Help Desk | Forum | Submit A Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Daveed View Post
    ...they're thinking of doing some pretty big updates in the coming months...
    Very much looking forward to that! Any teasers?

One idea might be to include an option when creating a custom link where we can choose if that link force-redirects or not.

FEATURE REQUEST: Please allow us, the owners/developers of the site, to determine when the mobile redirect comes into play. With most websites now being developed to be responsive, and so many viewing options available, it would be better if we got to choose when the mobile redirect occurs. Thank you for your consideration.

Daveed, it's been more than a year since you indicated that the programmers would see what could be done about the forced redirecting on mobile devices (your 7/9/2013 note above). Would you please provide an update on how that is going?

Its official its been 4 years when will the programmers do an update on the dssearchagent site to make it responsive. This forced redirect to the mobile app is very elementary programing for such a large company.

Especially with this just coming out the other day:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-m...e-basis-216100